Chapter Nineteen - Blueberries and Straight Curly Fries

Tanner's POV

I stood infront of the bathroom mirror, leaning over the sink, and carefully applying mascara to my eye lashes. "Where's Niall taking you tonight?" Ariana asks eagerly as she props herself onto the bathroom counter, swinging her legs back and forth. 

"A small Italian restaurant" I said with a grin. "I'm not sure what it's called, but It's in Waterloo" 

"Ooo, Waterloo? Fancy" She answers with a posh accent as she hops of the counter and stands behind me, putting my hair into a fishtail braid. 

"It's 15 minutes away from here, Ariana, it's not a big deal. Just a small dinner. He's with management today anyways, so he'll probably be a little late." I said casually, watching her in the mirror. Her head cam out from behind me, and raised her eyebrows towards the mirror, but directed it towards me. "What?" I asked with wide eyes. "I told you, it's not a big deal, alright? It's a casual meal, nothing fancy, we go here all the time." I state, making Ariana sigh.

"But what if he is late? Or doesn't show up?" she whines.

"Ariana, we're already going out, it's not like he would be standing me up, he would just get caught into work and couldn't leave. Stuff like that happens in relationships." I explained as she finished with my hair. 

"But I always imagine you and Niall being a perfect couple, everything being all 'happily ever after'" Ariana whines. "Plus, if he does miss this date, I owe Harry ten pounds" She pouts, making me chuckle. 

"You made a bet?" I laugh. "A bet about what?" I ask, still laughing. 

"I said that you guys would never be late for each other's dates, and Harry disagree, so we made a bet!" She whined.

"Obviously you forgot that he was in one of the most popular bands?" I chuckle, and Ariana nods in reply. "And anyways, I'm sure Harry would accept a kiss instead of ten pounds" I add in.

Ariana suddenly perks up and smiles. "Oh, in that case, whatever!" she says with a shrug. "Now go! Have fun! Be home by midnight!" She yells and pushes me out the door to my car, while waving. 

************

I sit in the waiting room, on a wooden bench with a plush red cushion. I sighed, tapping my fingers against the cloth and checking my watch. 18:17. (A/N: 6:17PM. Decided to go all European (or whatever country's/continents that use military time.) in this story!) 17 minutes late. It's just work Tanner, just work. I reassure myself. And anyways, it's just a dinner. It can always be rescheduled. No big deal. 

"Tanner Parker?" I tall brunette calls my name.

I wave and stand up, "Hi?" 

"Oh, yes. You're date called, Niall I think? He said that works holding him late, and he something about Pizza, Ben&Jerry's, and Movies?" She said, unsure of herself. 

I nod my head, giving her simple "Thank you" and exit the resteraunt, heading towards my car.

"Tanner?" A voice says, making me spin around. I gasp and smile. 

"Chase?" I chuckled. Was that seriously him? What are the odds that I would see him in a restaurants parking lot after talking to him over the phone for the first time in months. 

"Tan Tan!" He sqeuealed, running over to me and giving me a giant hug. "I missed you so much, and you've grown! Last time I saw you, you were so short!" He giggled. "Oh, this totally beats emailing you everyday!" He squeals, jumping up and down. 

"Chasie, what are you doing here?" I laugh at his childless. 

"Jack owns this place, Tanner. Did you seriously forget?" He asks, shocked, but laughing at my bad memory. I gasp, that's right, he did own the place. "I brought him some extra clothes, apparently he had some accident with tomato sauce . . ." He stops talking when he sees my confused expression. "Yah, I don't know either" he says with a shrug. "So, how've you been?" he asks eagerly.