Chapter Eleven - The Bucket List

Tanner’s POV

There was a small piece of folded paper sitting in the pocket of a small worn out blue jacket that had once belonged to Logan. I rubbed my thumb against it as it sat in my hand. Should I open it? Slowly and carefully, I open up the crinkled paper revealing the messy handwriting I knew so well, Logan’s. 

LOGAN PARKER

-Make a big mistake

-Go skinny dipping

-See the world

-Go swimming with dolphins

-Fall in love

-Do something for Tanner

-Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day

-Make a new friend(s)

-Fly in a hot air balloon

-Find a message in a bottle

-See the northern lights

-Plant a tree

-Swim under a waterfall

-Send a message in a bottle

I slowly read the paper, noting that  Send a message in a bottle and See the world was crossed off, trying to decide what it was. A list...?

 And then it finally hit me, and tears spilled down my cheeks.

A bucket list.

I felt awful. He had written so many things, but only completed two.

I fumbled with the paper in my hands, think of what I could do with it. It slipped from my hands and fell to the floor. Bending over, I went to pick it up. Right as I was about to put it on the dresser and go for a run, I noticed something on the back. 

Quickly, I grabbed it and read what else he had written.

They say I’m going to die soon. Nobody wants to tell me, but it’s obvious by the way they’re acting. 

I’ve decided to make a bucket list so I can at least try and pretend for the rest of my life I’m normal.

Some of the thing on the list aren’t expected from an eight year old, but I most likely live past that age. Because of that I’m going to try and live what I can in my time life. My kid years, pre-teen years, teenage years, and adulthood. Maybe then, when I die I’ll feel like I’ve lived life as long as a normal person.

Send a message in a bottle. Today when Tanner took me to the river by the hospital I brought my note in a bottle and let it go in the river. One down Thirteen to go. I’m finally living a life.

See the world. I’m going to die today, I’m positive. I fell out of a tree and it made my healing worse. I asked to be a lone for a minute before mom, dad, and Tanner came into see me so I could cross this one off and write about it. It’s not what I wanted, but it’s close enough. The view from the top of the tree. That was me seeing the world, it was close enough. 

Tears streamed down my face, and at that moment I knew what I was going to do.

Niall’s POV

Dear Mystery boy, 

I know I wrote you a couple of days ago, and you probably just got my letter, but this is important, I couldn’t wait for your reply.

I need your help.

I found a list. A bucket list. Logan’s bucket list.

It was unfinished, but I want to finish it for him. 

Here’s where you come in. Would you mind helping me do some of the things? 

I know it might be hard, considering we don’t know each other in person, and I don’t think either of us are ready to meet in person even though we want to, but do you think there’s some way you can help me?

Please reply.

Love, 

Tanner.

I had to help her, It just burned inside of me, telling me yes. I know it’s going to be hard not knowing each other in person...

But I had an idea.

Authors Note: As promised, another chapter! Hope you liked it, sorry it’s kind of a cliff hanger...! Hope you enjoyed it, and I’ll update soon! Vote, Comment, Fan, whatever! Thanks for reading! 

Hannah xx