Chapter Six - Memories

Tanner's POV

Dear Tanner,

Take your time.

Mystery boy xx

I sat in a graveyard my back against Logan's stone. I brought all the letters, showing them to him, reading them out loud, laughing, crying, smiling. My emotions were so confused.

I dressed in a plain yellow T-shirt, with jean cut offs that went down to my knees and no shoes. I wrote that because it was similar to what I wore the last day I spent with Logan. We knew he was going to die, and he didn't want to spend it in the hopsital. For that day, I forgot he was going to die, I'm pretty sure he did too.

Flashback:

"Hurry up, Logan!" I giggled, climbing higher up the tree. "You can see the whole town from here!" I popped my head out of the leaves, looking at the scenery, taking it all in.

I had found this tree when Logan was in the hospital, I had climbed it everyday. So badly, I wanted to show it to Logan, to let him see the amazing things I saw everyday, and today I could.

Logan was right below me smiling, I hadn't seen him this happy in a while. I reached my hand out, and helped him up to the branch I was on.

"Ready?" I whispered in his ear. He nodded, eager to see what I had been dying to show him.

I moved a branch out of the way, leaving an opening. He moved his head closer and gasped. Who could blame him?

It was prefect timing, the sun was setting. The sky was painted with golds, reds, pinks, oranges, yellows, it was beautiful. Tall buildings stood in the background. There was a hill in the distance with a single tree. The lighthouse was visible to the left, clouds looming over the sea, boats barley visible through it. The world looked so perfect.

He looked back at me and smiled, but something was wrong. It changed, it seemed almost forced. I frowned, he had looked so happy a while ago. But when he started to cough, I knew there was definetly something wrong.

I started to panic, how was I going to get him out of the tree? I climbed down one branch and motioned for him to follow, I was always one branch below him and holding on to one of his hands or his waist.

It was working, he was going to get down, he'd be safe. And then I could go get mom. But the worst thing happened.

He fell. He fell out of the tree, with a good five feet between the branch we were on and the ground. I screamed, climbing down as fast as I could, tears brimming my eyes, his coughs in the background.

I reached the bottom and saw mom and dad running towards us sirens in the distance.

There was blood. He was coughing it up, and it was coming out of his head and arm. Tears fell from my eyes. Did I cause this?

My mom gave me an angry look, it was a look of hatred.

Things at the hospital didn't get any better. Logan was pronounced dead.

Mom starting yelling things at me and crying, I just sat there, taking it all in. Logan was dead... Mom blamed me...

My dad sat across from me, sending apologetic looks and trying to calm down mom.

Flashback Over.

I didn't talk to her after that day, well I tried, but she wouldn't talk to me. I was kicked out, sent to live with my aunt and uncle, later I moved in with Ariana. I still talked to Dad and visited every so often, but things just weren't the same.