Chapter Five - Life

Tanner's POV

Dear Tanner, 

A manatee and gazelle. Who would've thought that somebody loved both of them so much? They're just so different. But I guess that just means that you're more unique than an average person. You like Ed Sheeran too? I've met him a few times and he's a really cool guy. Not to mention that his music is incredible. I'm pretty sure I've heard of Maroon 5, They sing 'Moves Like Jagger', right? And 'Payphone'?  Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I know who they are. Yah I've heard of One Direction, I'm actually close to one of the band members. 'Moments' is a good song, but I'd have to say 'One Thing' and 'More Than This' are my favorites. I'm pretty sure I cried the first time I heard moments. 'Hurt' is a very good song too, one of my close friends' really likes it. The Aquarium? That's really cool, most people find them boring, but I like them. Maybe one day I'll get to take you there. Your eyes. They sound so interesting. From what I know about you, they match your personality. Maybe one day I'll get to see them myself. Writing, Reading, and Running... wow. :) Well if you like questions, I'll ask you some more. Since you like writing I tried making them unique? I dunno... I talked to one of my friends who really liked English when he was in school and he helped me come up with some of these questions. Well, we didn't really come up with them. It was more like remembering questions we had to answer in English class, he helped 'cause I didn't pay much attention in school. I regret that a bit now... haha. 

And I quite like what you've called me. I feel bad that I'm not telling you my name, I really wish I could. Well i can, but I'm afraid you'll treat me different. Maybe soon. I hope you understand.

Mystery boy xx

I sighed, it was probably the hundredth time I had read the letter. It came a week ago, and I still hadn't replied. There was nothing wrong with it, I was just... busy. I felt bad, not replying as quickly as I normally do, but I was just having some troubles.

"You know, you have to reply at one point." Ariana said, she had been bugging me all week about it.

"I told you, I will. I'm just busy right now." I sighed. I had been out of it all week, I wasn't being myself, but I had a reason. 

Ariana sighed and put her hand on my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes. "I know it's tough for you whenever this time of the year comes around, but I think you'd feel better if you wrote him. Every time you get a letter from him, you're all happy, and you've barley written. Don't you think that means something?" I shrugged and walked away, I guess that replying wouldn't hurt. 

Niall's POV

I stepped out of the car and thanked the driver. I headed straight towards the mail box, wishing there was a letter in there for me. I opened the mailbox, holding my breath. Nothing, no letter. I exhaled, frustrated, upset, confused. Why wouldn't she write back?

I walked into the flat heading towards my room, in no mood to talk to anyone. 

"Niall! Come here!" Harry said rather excitedly.I stood in the doorway of the kitchen and leaned against the frame. 

"What?" I grunted. Zayn started spazzing out, talking really fast with a huge smile on his face. I had no idea what he said, I just looked at him with a blank face. He groaned and grabbed an envelope off of the counter and waved it in my face, 

"She wrote back!" I grabbed it and grabbed the letter and threw the envelope over my back. 

"We read it!" Louis chirped, and I looked up to see Liam nudge Louis making him dramatically fall off his chair, But I just ignored it. She wrote back. 

Dear Mystery boy, 

I'm sorry I haven't written back, and I'm sorry if that effected you in anyway. Things are just... tough at the moment. Seven years on Thursday. Seven years since Logan died. It's Tuesday now, so you probably think I'm crazy for being in this state so when it's not even the day. But it happens a while before the day. It just comes naturally I guess, seeing as the week or two before he died I was always nervous because his health state was getting worse. Or maybe I'm just scared another bad thing will happen. I'm not going to write much, and I don't have much time to I'll try and answer your questions but I don't know how many I'll get through. What's worse, failing or never trying? Never trying. Definitely never trying. How will you know if you'll succeed or fail if you don't try? Plus, you learn from your mistakes.  There are a lot more questions but I'm skipping to this one, and then I'll have to go. What is your ideal perfect world? There isn't one. A perfect world isn't realistic. But then again, reality is overrated. So I really don't know. 

Tanner xx

I let out the breath that I was unknowingly holding in. It had nothing to do with me, she still wanted to write me. She was just... overwhelmed. 

I wanted to write back, but I didn't want to overwhelm her even more. But I also didn't want to wait to long to reply and have her think I was ignoring her. I groaned, what was I gonna do?

Authors Note: Not the best chapter. But thanks to everybody who's giving me feedback and voting or fanning! :) I'll post the next chapter tonight, tomorrow, or Sunday! Vote, comment, fan, whatever! Check out my other story "Looking"! Follow me on twitter? @Hanthedinosaurr. Thanks for reading!

Hannah xx