Chapter Seven - For better or worse?

Tanner's POV 

"Tanner?" A voice questions. I look up, closing the scrapbook and placing it besides me. I squint towards the 5 figures in front of me. Why did they look so familiar? 

"Do I know you?" I speak, as I nod my head. The boy with the blonde hair broke out into a smile, while the other 4 start whispering and nudging him. Am I missing something?

"Do you know who we are?" he asks, uncertain of what he's trying to say. I tilt my head to the side, trying to remember where I had seen them before. 

I shake my head, "No.. I'm sorry, you look really familiar, but I can't figure out where I've seen you." I pause, trying to think harder. "We must've met before, but in all honesty, I can't remember who you are. I've never really had the best memory, and I've had a lot on my mind lately." I said, mumbling the last part.

The blonde one starts to open his mouth, as if he's about to speak, but I unterupt him. "Look, I'm sorry, but I, I should really get going."

Niall's POV 

She didn't recognize us. I couldn't decide if that was a bad or good thing, but she said she had to go, and that was definitely a bad thing. 

She stood up quickly, grabbing a shoe box, and some kind of scrapbook, looked towards us with a weak smile and turned back towards the grave. She pressed her lips to her fingers and then placed her fingers on the word Logan engraved in the stone, and walked away, not looking back. 

I sighed, shoving my hands into my pockets, and looking towards the ground. Would she treat me the same when she found out who I really was? Did she even want to write me? What was I doing..? I groaned, this was a mess.

A white piece of paper tumbled around on the ground, stopping at the force of my shoe. I leaned down and picked it up, unfolding it. 

Dear Tanner, 

I'm glad that you have decided to write me back. When you said you wanted to talk to somebody...

I looked up from the letter, the letter I had sent her. I looked towards the boys, who were giving my confused glances. 

"It really is her..." I said, shocked.

Tanner's POV 

I walked out of the grave yard, not looking back. I felt bad, not remembering them, and then just leaving them there, but I wasn't in the mood.

I got into my car, placing all the things in the passenger seat. I just stared out the window. Was it really my fault? I looked at my purse, hesitating, but I grabbed it and took out my phone, I leaned against the back of the seat, staring at my phone. Should I call?

I slowly pressed the buttons, leading my to my contacts. I scrolled through them until I found the one I was looking for, 

Mom

I took a deep breath, I could do this. 

It rang once, twice, three times, four times, and then it stopped.

This is Sara Parker, I can't get to the phone, leave a message and I'll try and get back to you. Her voice echoed through my ears.

I gulped, as the long beeping tone sounded. I could do this.

"Hi mom.. It's Tanner. Please don't hang up now, just listen to this message... Please?" I whispered. "I'm sorry for what happened, okay? I didn't know that... that would happen. You can't just blame me for the rest of your life!" I said louder, starting to get angry, tears forming in my eyes. "He didn't have much time left, he was going to die, we all knew it!" I screamed. "Even you..." I whispered, I leaned my head back, staring at the ceiling of the car. "But you just didn't want to admit it, did you? So you just had to blame me... Right? Mom.. Please just give me another chance. I am your daughter after all..." A long beeping tone interrupted me. Voice message sent. "I'm sorry Mom.." I whispered. 

I ended the call, throwing my phone onto the passenger seat. I leaned on my elbows, putting my face into my hands. Why did this have to happen to me? 

Tears streamed down my face, I collapsed my arms onto the wheel, and buried my face into them, crying the whole time, just letting it all out. 

************************

Still Tanner's POV 

I exited the house, "I'll be home in a few hours!" I screamed to Ariana, before shutting the door. I jogged down the steps, putting my ear buds in and scrolling through my songs. 

Well sometimes I got out, by myself, And I look acoss the water, And I think of all the things, of what you're doing, and in my head I paint a picture, 

I smiled, and started running down the road. 

Since I've come home, Well my body's been a mess, And I miss your ginger hair, And the way you like to dress, Oh wont you come on over, stop making a fool out of me, why don't you come on over Valerie. 

The wind soared around me, twirling through my hair, sending all the strands in different directions, I smiled and pumped my legs harder, letting them lead to somewhere.

Did you have to go to jail, put your house out up for sale, did you get a good lawyer, I hope you didn't catch a tan, I hope you find the right man, who'll fix it for you.

I thought about things, about life. This person I had been writing, they know about me, yet I don't know much about them. Who were they?

Are you shopping anywhere, change the color of your hair, and are you busy. Did you have to pay that fine, that you were dodging all the time, are you still dizzy.

I mentally shrugged, It didn't matter that much. Sure, they knew my name and some things about me, but they didn't know everything.

Well since I come home, well my body's been a mess, and I miss your tender hair, and they way you like to dress. Oh wont you come on over, stop making a fool out of me, oh, why don't you come on over Valerie.

What did it matter? They were being nice, they were trying to help me. Being nosy and asking them about them self could be rude, right?

Well sometimes I go out, by myself, and I look across the water. And I think of all the things, what you're doing, and in my head I paint a picture.

But maybe it wouldn't be, because they did ask things about me. Then again, I did mention I liked answering questions... but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I knew the basic stuff about them.

Since I've come home, well my body's been a mess, and I miss your tender hair, and the way you like to dress. Why don't you come on over Valerie. 

Many songs continued, and I kept thinking about this 'Mystery boy'. Why was I stressing over this? I didn't even know the person. I sighed, and stopped to catch my breath. Looking around and examining where I was, had I really gone all the way downtown?

Can't ever get it right, now matter how hard I try, and I've tried,

Well, I put up a good fight, but your words cut like knives, and I'm tired

As you break my heart again this time...

I stood still, something was bugging me about this song... I didn't know what though.

I gasped, this was One Direction singing. I turned and looked at the big venue. There above it was a giant sign,

One Direction performing next week, few tickets still avaliable! 

The faces... why didn't I recognize it before?

That was One Direction in the graveyard, I was talking to Niall Horan.

Authors Note: Sorry I took so long updating, I wanted to finish my other story and then I had no idea what should happen next for this, but hopefully this chapter leads me somewhere! haha Thanks for the votes, comments, and fans! I really appreciate it. :) & If you could do a favor for me and click on this link,  http://www.kiss108.com/common/shareme5/index.php?linkid=10775, I would really appreciate it! I'll put it in the comments, and It'll be on my profile! Thanks so much if you do(: Follow me on twitter! @Hanthedinosaurr 

Hannah xx