Chapter Eighteen -Go, Taylor, Go!

Tanner's POV

"Niall.." I groaned, slowly walking on the hot pebbled road a couple steps behind him. 

"Yes, darling?" he answered, with a cheesy smile on his face and exaggerating on the 'e'.

"My feet hurt!" I whined, slowing my pace down even more, causing Niall to snicker. 

"And who's fault is that?" he cooed, the smile on his face turning into a smirk. 

"Yours. I retorted, sending a glare his way too. 

"Well, if I knew your shoes were going to fall off when I threw you into the water, I would've taken them off first," he reasoned with me. 

"Sure" I scoffed, rolling my eyes, and trying to keep up with him. 

"I would've!" he defended himself. "You can't deny that I would do that. I know how you girls feel about shoes, heck, I feel that way about my shoes!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air while he said the last part.

I laughed, shaking my head and smiling. I couldn't deny it, Niall did love his shoes. "Alright, I have to agree with yo-" I started to say before I stubbed my toes on a larger rock among all the pebbles on the road. I squealed grabbing that foot and hopping around, trying to avoid the pain of the smaller rocks in my other foot. 

Niall sighed, a small smirk appearing on his face, and walked over towards me. He turned around, bending his knees a bit. "Hop on," he sighed, a crooked smile on his face. I instantly obeyed, and climed onto his back with a smile, wrapping my arms around him. "Better?" he asked, turning his head sideways.

"Much better" I smiled, leaning forward and giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

"You're lucky I love you" Niall said with a smile on his face. "And that you're light as a feather" he added. 

"Thank the running for that" I said, patting his head.

He walked along the road that led to my flat, slowing down a little. "Do you run so you're skinny?" he asked, sounding confused. 

"No, that would be my metabolism," I laughed, ruffling his hair. "I don't run to stay in shape, Niall. I'm preparing." I said giving him a serious look. 

"Preparing for what?" he said, even more confused now. 

"For the zombie apocalypse, duh!" I stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "When it happens, I'll be in shape and running away as fast as I can, not getting eaten, while all those other people who didn't think ahead, will be slowly trying to escape, and most likely won't make it out alive," I explained. 

Niall scoffed, and murmuring something that I believe was along the lines of "You're crazy" and slightly chuckling. 

"You won't be laughing when a zombie comes and eats you!" I reason with a serious face, flicking his ear, and when he turned his head, I stuck my tongue out, but started laughing when I saw Niall's face. His mouth was open in shock and his eye brows were furrowed together. He really didn't understand what was going on.  

After seeing his face, I couldn't help but let out all of the laughter I had held in. Niall looked at me again, his face still confused, until he gasped. "Oh, you're joking? Thank god!" He choked out, chuckling a little bit. "I thought you were serious! Oh man, you scared me. You know you're a really good actor?" he said, making me laugh. 

"What if I was serious?" I asked innocently. 

Niall paused, thinking about it. "I'd be dating a phsyco" he stated simply.