Chapter Thirteen - Forgiveness Is A Start

Niallâs POV

No letters, nothing. Itâs been four days, and not one letter has come in the mail. She's mad at the Niall she knows, and the Niall everybody else knows. 

I guess I can understand why she hasn't dropped by to say hi, or hang out with me and the boys with Mia, sheâs mad at me. But why isn't she writing?

I sighed, did she think that I wasnât going to show up, or that I didn't? Did she ever get the note under her seat at the concert? 

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair and reading our old letters. 

I missed her. Her beautiful smile and twinkling eyes. The sound of her voice. Her laughter. The way she dotted her 'i's with circles. How her handwriting had so many loops. The fact that she didnât care what other people thought of her, she was her own person. There was so much to love about her, but that also meant now there was so much to miss. 

The boys were all so concerned about me, always checking in, making sure I was okay. I didnât blame them, I was a mess. 

I could barley look at myself in the mirror, but when I did I would cringe. I had bags under my eyes, which looked no longer blue, but a light grey. My hair stuck in every direction, and I'm sure the odd smell was coming from me, but I was too upset and confused to do anything about it.

I refolded one of our more recent letters and shoved it into it's envelope, or at least tried too, but it wouldn't go in. "What the heck?" I muttered under my breath, not sleeping had made me grumpy and even the smallest things had started to bug me. 

I sighed, about to give up and just through the envelope and letter separately into the box with the others when I saw the problem. There was another piece of paper in the envelope! How had I not seen it before? 

Slowly, I slid the letter out and unfolded it, what else had she written? 

LOGAN PARKER

-Make a big mistake

-Go skinny dipping

-See the world

-Go swimming with dolphins

-Fall in love

-Do something for Tanner

-Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day

-Make a new friend(s)

-Fly in a hot air balloon

-Find a message in a bottle

-See the northern lights

-Plant a tree

-Swim under a waterfall

-Send a message in a bottle

Logan? Her brother... and his list? 

His bucket list.

How could I miss this? I thought, why didnât I see it before?

Suddenly, it hit me. I knew how I was going to regain Tanner's trust.

********************

"Are you sure this will work...?" Liam asked me.

"Positive!" I shouted, I was so excited, I was going to fix everything.

"I don't understand..." Harry stated

“Yah, how is it supposed to help her?” Louis added to what Harry said.