Chapter One - It's not crazy

Dear Tanner, 

People would think I'm crazy, your crazy, we're crazy, for what we're doing. I like the idea though. It's kind of like a journal, but better. I wont read this for a long time. I wan't to wait. Do you remember that night 6 years ago? That long night, where everybody told you it'd be okay, but you knew they were lying? Please tell me you didn't forget Tanner. It was the longest night of our life. And at this moment I've been living for 17 years, which makes up a lot of nights. Do you remember what made the night so long? Please tell me you do. It was a very important night. The night Logan died. You were only 11 when he died, he was 8. Have you completely forgotten? Maybe you're thinking, "what causes and 8 year old to die?" It's simple, Cancer. What about that night 11 years ago? Do you remember that? You were 6, he was 3. That was the night we all found out Logan had Cancer. Do you remember that one thing that Logan said to you that night? What made you promise something that you still haven't broken I hope. He asked you why you didn't I cry. When he said that, you wondered, why didn't you cry? Do you remember? Because you had faith. You kneeled down beside his hospital bed and told him you knew you were going to get through this. You then promised yourself, you would never cry over him. Someone had to stay strong, and it wasn't going to be Mom or Dad. Logan would stay strong, as strong as a 3 year old could be. But at only 6 years old you promised you would stay strong with him. Back to 6 years ago. Moments before he died, he whispered something to you. Do you remember? He whispered, "You had faith in me, I'm glad, that's what kept me alive for these past 5 years. Thank You." You wanted to punch a wall, wanted to cry, but you didn't. People asked you why you didn't cry. I asked you too. Do you remember what you said? "I didn't cry because people die all the time, this time it was just somebody I know, somebody I was close to, somebody I loved. But he wouldn't want me to cry. I learned that 5 years ago." Then you just walked away. Out of the hospital, to the park, to the woods behind it, and into the clearing, behind there to that beautiful tree. Do you remember that tree? I'm there right now, writing this. If Logan was still alive, what would you say to him? I know what I would say. I'd walk right up to him and lift him up to my shoulders, just like you used to do. I'd whisper in his ear. And I would say, "You say I kept you alive for those 5 years. But do you know what kept me alive? Faith. So we should thank her. Next time you see her, thank her. She kept you safe. Thank her for me too. Okay little buddy?" I know what he would do, nod his head with his shaggy brown hair waving back and forth, his lips formed into a crooked smile, his nose scrunched up from thinking, but his eyes glistening. Would you say that tanner? Would you? I hope you would. Tanner, I hope you remember all these things I've written down, because they're important. Do you remember?

Love, Tanner xx

Authors Note: I know I'm writing another story too, but I decided to write two because I had this really good Idea and didn't want to forget it. I will be writing both of them, don't worry! I hope you like this one :) Comment, Vote, Fan, whatever! Please five feedback! 

Follow me on twitter, @1Dinosaur_64255 

Thanks & Enjoy the story! xx