Chapter 2

☆Slender's Perspective☆
I followed Sally upstairs and into the room. A swing made of two hanging nooses and dried blood clings to the old wall as if desperate to hold the memories of long ago. And behind the swing is my little girl and the strange woman hugging her.

"Who did this, you, innocent star," she whispers. I could see Sally hugging the woman back.

"My human uncle, when I was alive, did bad things to me that stopped my heart. My real mommy and daddy died when I was too small, so I was stuck with him. Daddy Slender found Charlie and me and saved us," she says as her voice trembles with pain.

I step into the room and clear my throat. Sally turns toward me and smiles brightly even though her past tears are still flowing from her beautiful evergreen eyes. The woman in question looks away from me; her (h/l) (h/c) shines in a translucent way. She was wearing a steampunk style outfit that hugged her in all the right.... ~What the hell? I'm not the offender. She needs to leave Now.~ I turn my attention back to sally, "Sally, will you excuse us for a moment. I want to talk to Ms.-"

"(Y/n). (Y/N) (L/N). I believe that the polite thing to do when entering a woman's room is to knock; first, you'll never know if she may be in an indecent state of dress," she replies with mock politeness and a slight British accent. I could imagine her beauty on full display for me in my bed.... ~wicked temptress.~

I left the room, closed the door, and knocked.

"You may enter," she calls from the door. I can hear the smirk in her voice as well as Sally's stifled giggles. I enter the room quietly and greet (Y/n). "Miss (Y/N), I would like to talk about a private matter."
Sally gives (Y/N) one last hug before running off to explore the house.

"If you're going to try to evict me, good luck. I've been stuck here for over five hundred years," she states bluntly as she sits on her swing.

"The family that built the place built it on top of Roanoke. I'm the only one left in terms of being resident to the infamous lost Colony."

I could believe my ears, she must be lying, but I couldn't sense any lies from her lips. The things she was telling me to taste bitter, like absolute honesty.

☆Your Perspective☆
This man standing before me was taller than all the men from the colony. I doubt he believes me when I told him the whole truth. I mean, look at me, I sure as hell wasn't going to wear a bloody corset, stocking, and blistering stupid heals. Fashion during that time was so uncomfortable and murderous.

At least we've been given a choice on what to wear in the afterlife.

"What you're saying is that you're the only one left from Roanoke," he says, which made it sound so much crazier out loud, but I nod in agreement.

He let out a heavy sigh, then looks directly at me, and I stare back. His very existence excites me, and I feel the clouds of insanity and loneliness clear my head. I feel alive again.

"I want you to know that my brothers, proxies, and I are killers. Stay out of the way," he growls at me, which makes me smile.

"Sounds like fun sir, I have only three requests for you and your big murder family to grant me. One: This room will remain off-limits to everyone unless they come with gifts from the outside world or if I invite them. Two: I'm allowed to roam the house. I swear to you on the cursed soul of Queen Elizabeth the First that I won't invade your or your family's privacy unless they invite me. Three: For every five new proxies, I would like two living souls to play with.  The last family that lived here lasted about four months before they died."

He stuck out his hand, I took it, and we shook on it.
We head downstairs to meet the rest of my new company.

"Everyone, this is (Y/N) the current resident of this place. She's agreed to let us stay if we agree to follow three simple rules."