40. Answered questions

Tom's POV:

I was watching as the man's body dropped to the ground. He head a hole in his head. Blood was all over the floor. Me, Edd and Matt just stared at him, unsure what just happened. Tord was heavily breathing, rage was showing in his eyes as he kept pointing his gun at the dead body.

We heard footsteps running in the room and then a loud gasp. I snapped out of the trance and looked away. Those two men that kidnapped Tord were there, they bothed looked shocked. Tord dropped the gun and fell on his knees.

"T-Tord... What happened here..?" The one with bushy eyebrows asked him. Tord kept looking at his bloody hands, shaking and tears falling down his face. Though I couldn't see sadness in his expression... It was just...blank.

The other man kneeled down beside him and hugged him. Tord didn't react at all. "A-and who are you?" I asked them. The one hugging Tord looked at me. "I am Patryck and this is Paul. We're Tord's...friends..." He answered.

Tord looked like he wanted to say something, but stayed silent. Paul walked to the man's dead body and kicked it. "You caused him so much pain... You deserve this..." He said, glaring at the corpse.

Tord mumbled something. "What did you say?" Patryck asked him. "He's... He's really gone now..?" Tord asked and looked up at him. Patryck smiled. "Yes, don't worry. He's not coming back." He answered, still hugging Tord.

Tord smiled and hugged him back. Paul smiled too and looked at us. He untied all of us from the chairs. "We...are really sorry for the pain he caused..." He said and looked down at the body. I was still really confused.

I sighed. "Can somebody finally explain what's going on here? I don't get it... Who is this man?" I asked. Tord pulled away from the hug and looked at me. "He's... He's my father..." He answered. "What?" Edd asked. Patryck sighed.

"Tord's father wanted Tord to be a powerful leader of this army. But since he found you guys, you became friends. His father thought that Tord was growing weak. And he thought it was all your fault. He hated you..." He said.

"Huh? His father hated us, because we made Tord weaker?" Edd asked. Paul nodded. "Yes. He thought that if Tord finds friends, he's going to become softer and weaker. He thought that having friends is bad." Paul explained. "But what did he do about it?" Matt asked. Patryck sighed.

"When Tord asked him if he could live with you, he agreed only if he comes back to the army. Tord agreed." He said. Tord sighed. "That's why I left you guys in the first place. I knew he would be mad and he would probably hurt you or maybe even kill you if I didn't come back!" He said.

Edd gasped. "R-really? But...did you actually want to lead this army?" He asked. "No... Not really... And I never wanted to rule the world as well!" He said, tears falling down his face. "Then why did you attack us with the giant robot?" I asked him.

"He... He made me attack you, guys! He hated you so much he wanted you dead! I thought that maybe if I agreed to the mission, I could still save you somehow! But I couldn't... I have gone crazy, insane and I was saying things my father always told me. Like, why would I need friends? I have got power! I was completly out of my mind!" He said, crying.

We all stayed silent. All that could be heard were Tord quiet sobs and cries. "T-Tom..." I came closer to him and kneeled down beside him. He looked me in my 'eyes'. "Yes..?" I asked him with a worried look on my face.

"I'm...actually glad that you shot the harpoon at me..." He said. My 'eyes' widened. "H-huh? Why?" I asked him. He smiled weakly.

"Because I was going crazy... If you didn't shoot me, Edd, Matt and you would be probably dead by now... And I would be here with my...father, ruling the world. I would be insane... I would be crazy... I would be out of control!... And you saved me... You saved yourself, Edd and Matt. And probably another thousands of people... Thank you..." He said, still crying.

I was shocked of what I just heard... I didn't know what to say. He covered his face and tried to calm down. I sighed and hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go. He hugged me back. Edd and Matt joined us after a while.

"Tord... I...didn't know about this... I didn't know you had to go through all that..." I said, rubbing small circles on his back to calm him down. "It's okay, I couldn't tell you. I knew he would hurt you or kill you if I did... It's not your fault, it's his." He answered, smiling.

I smiled as well. We all pulled away from the hug and I helped Tord up. "So, it's over, isn't it?" I asked. Tord looked at his dead father and back at me. He nodded. "Only one thing I have to do." He said.

"What is it?" Edd asked. Tord looked at Paul and Patryck. "Guys, I am leaving the army. You two are in command now." He said, smiling. Patryck nodded. "Alright then, we understand." He said and smiled at him.

"But, you are going to visit us sometimes, right?" Paul asked. "Of course!" Tord answered. "Oh and Tord, if you ever want a support of your parents, call us. We'll be there for you." Patryck said.

Tord chuckled "I will, don't worry. Now I'll get ready to go, can you guys come with me?" He asked. We nodded in responce and followed him in his own room.

Tord's POV:

It was a great feeling. I finally felt...free. I didn't feel like I was controlled. I didn't feel like I was some sort of puppet. I actually felt like myself... Finally... After all these years...I finally did what I wanted to do.

We reached my room. I took off the Red Army uniform and took the new phone I had. "So, are we ready to go?" I asked my friends. They all smiled at me. "Let's go!" Edd said. When I was about to leave the room, I remembered something.

I looked behind me... The knife... My friend... Or...was it? "Tord, are you coming?" I heard Matt. "Y-yeah, coming!" I said. I looked at the knife and smiled. I left the room and closed the door. 'Not today...'

We left the army base and walked to my car. The three already got in. Before I did as well, I ran up to Paul and Patryck and hugged them both tightly. "I'm gonna miss you, guys." I said. They hugged me back. "We're gonna miss you too. Have fun with your friends!" Paul said. "And don't forget to call us sometimes!" Patryck said. I pulled away. "Okay, bye!" I said.

I got in the car as well and sat on the driver's seat. Paul and Patryck were waving at me as I started the car. I waved as well and then drove away from the base.

*time skip*

I parked the car and we got out. I sighed, smiling. We walked into the apartment building and got in our apartments. We said goodbye to Edd and Matt and me and Tom went to our apartment.

We walked in and Tom closed the door behind us. I sat on the couch and took a deep breath. He sat next to me. "Tord?" I looked at him. "Yeah?" I asked him. He sighed. "Do you...remember the first phone call? After you got kidnapped?" He asked. "Uhh, yeah?"

He blushed. "Did you mean it?" He asked. I was confused. "Mean what?" I asked. "That you love me..." He said. My eyes widened and I blushed madly. "U-uhh..." I looked down. "Y-yes..." I said.

He stayed silent. 'I screwed up... Why? Why can't I do anything right? He hates me now...' I thought. "I love you too..." He said. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "W-what?" I asked. "I love you too!" He said and smiled.

"Y-you do?" I asked. He leaned in and kissed me. My eyes were wide open. I was not expecting this. After a few seconds, I relaxed and melted into the kiss. It felt...nice... Really nice...but...also somehow familiar... And then it hit me...

This was not the first time we kissed... I pulled away from the kiss, processing everything that had happened. I remembered... My amnesia... Edd, Matt and Tom trying to help me to get my memories back... The kiss...

Tom looked worried. "Are you okay..?" He asked. I looked him in the 'eyes'. "Tom... This is not the first time we kissed...right..?" I asked. His 'eyes' widened. "Y-you...remember?" He asked. I nodded.

"I do now..."