35. His past

Tom's POV:

...He ended the call... And...did he really say... 'I love you'..? My whole face was red. I was still holding my phone and I just stared into nothing. "Tom? Are you okay?" Matt asked me, still comforting Edd.

I snapped out of my trance and looked down at them. "U-uhh, yeah. I-I-I'm okay..." I answered and kneeled down beside Edd as well. He stopped crying, but kept looking down, quietly sobbing and hiccuping.

He looked up at me. "T-Tom... Is Tord...really never coming back..?" He asked. I sighed. "I don't know, Edd... I don't know..." I answered. "D-does that mean we'll never see him again?" He asked.

"...Let's hope not..." I answered and smiled at him. He looked down again. "Why? Why can't he come back? What did he mean by 'I know these people' and 'I can't tell you'?" He asked. Me and Matt stayed silent.

We couldn't answer those questions. The only one that actually knew the answers was...Tord...

Tord's POV:

I returned the phone to Paul and covered my face in my hands. I felt...terrible... "Red Leader, you should get some rest. You look exhausted." Patryck said. I sighed. "You're right..." I said. They led me back to my room and I walked inside.

I sighed and took my uniform and my hoodie off, leaving me just in my grey shirt. I layed on my bed, curled up in a ball, crying. I couldn't believe what was going on. I couldn't believe I was back in my army.

After about half an hour which felt like forever, someone knocked on the door. I quickly wiped my tears away and put a serious look on. "Come in." I said. The door opened and Patryck walked in. I sighed.

"Do you need something, soldier?" I asked him. "S-sorry to interrupt your privacy, sir, but I just wanted to give you your...own phone..." He paused and walked closer to my bed. I sat up. He looked really worried.

"I wanted to give it to you so you can call...them when you want to talk with them." He finished and handed me a new phone. I took it and smiled at him. "Thank you, soldier." I said. Patryck was always really understandable and kind.

He smiled as well and left the room. Paul and Patryck were sometimes really acting like my dads... But not like my real dad... I placed the phone on a small table and layed back down on my bed.

I sighed and closed my eyes. I didn't really want to sleep. I wanted to go home... Back to my friends... I missed Edd. His cheerful smile and how he was always excited for another adventure we went to. Or maybe, Edd-venture.

I chuckled when I thought about that. I even missed his bad puns... Then Matt... I missed Matt as well. He was never really good at remembering things, but he was always good at comforting and understanding what other people felt...

And Tom... I loved everything about him. His black, void filled 'eyes' or whatever they were. It was like looking into the entire galaxy! His beautiful smile that always made me smile too. His beautiful spiky hair... I loved it... I loved him... I just never told him...until the phone call of course...

I blushed madly and hid my face. I sighed. 'I wish I could just come back to them... To him... I want to hug him, to kiss him... I don't want to be here...' I thought. 

Tears were falling down my face again. They were my family... But not like my real family... They were all so nice, funny and understanding. It wasn't a pain like living with my real dad...

The person I hate the most... My dad... HE was the one that ruined everything. HE was the one that was giving me missions! HE was the one that always hated me! HE was the one that took me away from my friends!