24. Problems

Tom's POV:

I froze. I didn't know how to answer. We were just looking at each other. I started spacing out. "Tom... Please... Tell me what I did..." He said. I sighed. "I-I just don't know why it hurts me so much..." I said.

"Tom? D-did I say something bad to you? Or did I hurt you somehow?" He asked me. "N-no...." I answered and looked away. "Tom..." He scooted closer to me. "Please... What happened?" He asked me again.

I sighed in defeat. "When I came to pick you up from the bar, I just..." I paused and looked away. He wrapped his arms around me. "Yes?" He asked. I looked at him again. "I just... I'll tell you, but only if you answer me a few questions right after." I said.

He stayed silent for a while, but he nodded. "Okay... So, what did I do?" He asked again. I blushed. "Well, I just... I don't know why it hurts so much, but...it does... I saw...a woman kiss you..." I answered.

His eyes widened and he covered his mouth. "I-I..." He didn't know how to answer. I could see tears form in his eyes. I wanted to say something when he hugged me tightly.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry... I am so sorry..." He said. I sighed and hugged him back. I felt like crying. "I-I don't know why it hurts so much, okay? So...so don't even ask me..." I said. He stayed silent until I heard a sob.

My 'eyes' widened. He looked up at me, tears were falling down his face. "I... I am really s-sorry, Tom..." He said. I wiped his tears away. "I-it's okay, just don't cry..." I said. He burried his face into my chest.

I patted his back as he cried. 'Why is he crying in the first place..?' I asked myself. It took him a while to calm down. When he did, we just stayed silent and continued hugging each other.

Tord then sighed. "I-I'm sorry that you saw that..." He said. I sighed and smiled at him. "It's okay... Besides, she was the one that kissed you." I said. He smiled back at me. "Well, what is it that you wanted to ask?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah. So, first. Why did you go to the bar yesterday? And how did you pay for the drinks?" I asked him. He sighed. "W-well, I remember going to the bar, because I...I..." He paused and looked away.

"What is it?" I asked him. "I just...had another flashback... I was in that giant robot again, but it felt more real this time... I could see it from my point of view... It was scary... I saw the harpoon flying towards me and hitting my giant robot and then..." He paused again.

I petted his hair. "What happened next?" I asked him. "Well, I was on top of the hill where I woke up, but...something happened that wasn't suppose tto happen... The thing that happened in that flashback didn't really happen..." He answered.

I was suprised. "Huh? What was different?" I asked him. "I-it's nothing important, but it wasn't suppose to happen, because I could remember my memories. And then I appeared in that dream and I said that I'm not suppose to mess with my memories or something." He finished.

I stared at him with wide 'eyes'. I did not expect that to happen. "And about how I payed for it, I didn't really pay. The woman said that she will give me these bottles for free." He said.

I could feel my blood boil. 'So she gave him alcohol for free? I bet it's because she wanted to make him drunk so she could kiss him.' I thought to myself. I was angry... Really angry.

"O-oh..." I said. He sighed. "I think those memories weren't real..." He said. I petted his hair. We stayed silent for another ten minutes. "Hey, maybe we should go back..." He said. I nodded. "You're right, let's go." I answered and stood up.

He did too, but almost fell down. I catched him before he did though. "Thanks, I'm still feeling a bit dizzy." He said. "It's okay. Let's go." I answered and we took our flower crowns. We started walking back.

He looked really upset. I felt guilty. I didn't want to make him this upset... I never wanted to... I sighed softly and looked at him. "Tord? Do you think you could sing something again?" I asked him.

He smiled at me. "Okay... I'll try to remember something..." He said. I smiled at him. I was happy at that moment. I loved his voice. I always did. I just never told anyone. He took a deep breath and started singing. And I listened...

Tord's POV:

Mayday, mayday
The ship is slowly sinking
They think I'm crazy
But they don't know the feeling...

They're all around me
Circling like vultures
They wanna break me
And wash away my colours
Wash away my colours.

I continued singing. I didn't really like my voice, but I still loved singing. I enjoyed it. And Tom was listening. I was happy when I saw him smiling at me.

Take me high and I'll sing
Oh you make everything okay
Okay, okay, okay
Okay, okay, okay.

We are one and the same

Oh you take all of the pain away
Away, away, away
Away, away, away

Save me if I become...
My demons...

I continued singing the song. I didn't know, which song it was, but I knew I've heard it before. Tom was listening the whole time, he looked happy. And that made me feel happy as well.

We continued walking home. I was singing the whole time and Tom was listening. I was happy... Finally happy for once...