8. Memories

Tom's POV:

He sighed. "I-I don't even know... I just...didn't want to get you in trouble..?" He answered. I raised an eyebrow. "Really? Oh come on, you don't care about me." I said. "...Why not?" He asked.

'Oh yea, he forgot.' I thought to myself. "Well, we...actually never got along and we fought a lot." I answered. He just replied with "Oh."

Silence filled the room. I didn't know, how to break the awkward silence between us. I then decided to apologize for what happened. "Uhh, hey. I-I'm sorry." I said. He looked at me. "Huh?" He asked.

"I apologize for what happened. I was drunk and I...didn't mean to..." I said. He just stared at me for a while. "It's...okay... I...guess I deserved it anyway after what I've done to you, guys..." He answered.

I just stayed silent and to make it less awkward I turned on the tv. He just sighed and looked away. I felt a wave of guilt wash me. 'No, he's a bastard. It's his fault and he deserves it.' I thought to myself.

'The Cats' were on the tv. I smiled and watched them with excitment, trying to forget about Tord. After a while, Tord stood up and looked at me.

"I'll just go outside for a walk to clear my head, I'll be right back." He said. I wasn't really paying much attention to him, but nodded. He then left my apartment and I forgot about him while watching the show.

Tord's POV:

I left Tom's apartment and went outside the building. It was around 11 am. I started walking, limping on my leg. I wanted to get my memories back. I wanted to find some kind of place that would remind me of who I am and who were my friends.

I just decided to start at the top of the hill, the place where I woke up. I sighed and started walking towards the hill.

When I reached it, nothing has changed. The giant metal thing was still there and pools of my blood werethere as well. I shivered. I then remembered the harpoon. I left it in the allyway. I sighed. I wondered, why was the harpoon here.

The harpoon had something to do with this whole thing, I just felt it. I looked at the giant piece of metal. Or was it really a head of some kind of robot? I really didn't know. For some reason, every single time when I heard 'giant robot', I felt really weird.

I looked inside the head. I noticed some kind of red mark there. It looked really strange, but also familiar...  I brushed it off. Nothing was really there except for the hole in the seat from the harpoon.

I walked to the edge of the hill and looked down. I could see the whole city from up here! I was glancing around the houses when two of them caught my attention.

Two of the houses looked...destroyed. Burned. 'Hang on a second...' I thought. I felt like my heart stopped. I looked at the robot head again and then at the houses... 'This is familiar...'

*Flaaaaaaaashbaaaaaaaack*

"Well, Tom is right... You then came back and...did something bad..." Edd said. My eyes widened. "W-what..?" I asked. Edd sighed. "You...took a giant robot and-" Tom cut Edd off. "You blew up our house! You blew it!" He yelled at me.

I froze and stared at him with wide eyes and my jaw dropped. I then started laughing nervously. "Hahahah... Yeah! Good joke! Giant robot and blew up some houses! Yeah, that's a great joke!" I said, smiling nervously and shaking.

He glared at me. "I wasn't joking..." He said. My smile faded and I looked at Edd. "I-is that...t-t-true..?" I asked him. Edd just nodded.

I was terrified. I stared at his hands, shaking violently. A small tear came out of my left eye. From my right eye however...it was blood. Tom smirked. He looked like he was enjoying seeing me suffer.

"Yeah! And then you blew up our neighbors' house as well. You killed one of them and almost killed us!" He yelled. He came closer to me and I looked up at him. "And do you know, why?" He asked him.

I slowly and carefully shook my head. He grinned at me. "Because you wanted to rule the world!" He shouted. I just stared and kept shaking my head. "No...no...no...no..." I then dropped on my knees, crying.

*End of flaaaaaaaashbaaaaaaaack

Tears and blood started to form in my eyes. 'No... D-did I do this?' I asked myself. I started shaking. I tried to calm myself down. 'Calm down, this doesn't mean that this is your fault. The houses could be destroyed, because they were old! And the giant robot head maybe wasn't yours!'

'Yes, it was. And those houses...no... I did this...I think...' I thought. I decided to take a closer look at these houses.

I sighed and wiped my tears away. I started walking towards these houses. I needed answers. Were these houses really destroyed by me? I didn't know. And that was what I was going to find out.

Edd's POV:

Me and Matt were playing Monopoly. We were bored and didn't really have anything else to do. "I win!" He yelled while grinning. I sighed and smiled at him. "Congratulations, Matt!" I said. I was happy to see my friends happy.

"So uhh, what should we do now?" He asked me. "I don't know, maybe we can hang out with Tom and Tord." I said. He nodded. "Yeah, let's go visit Tom and Todd!" He said, smiling.

"Uhh, Matt? You said Tom's name right and I'm happy for that. But Todd is actually Tord." I said. He looked at me. "Oh! So it's Tim and Tord!" He said. "No, Matt. It's Tom and To-" He cut me off. "Tim and Todd!" He yelled.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You know what? Nevermind. Let's just go." I said. He nodded and we stood up. We left my apartment and we knocked on Tom's apartment door. After a while, he answered.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" He asked us. "The sky!" I said, grinning. "Edd, that's an old joke." He said. "Yeah, yeah. Do you and Tord want to hang out? Maybe go to the arcade or something?" I asked him.

"Uhh, I think Tord left a while ago." He said. "Hmm? He left? Where did he go?" I asked him. "I don't know. He said he just went out for a walk or something to clear his head." He answered. "Oh." I said.

"So, should we wait for Todd?" Matt asked. "It's Tord, Matt." I said. "Todd." He said. "Tord." I said. "Todd." "Tord." "Todd." "Tord." "Tord. "Todd." I said. I then realized. "Ooops." I said.

We then started laughing. I didn't think that Matt knew, why we were laughing, but he joined us. But something was missing. Someone...was missing...