40

I wanted to go straight to the barn but dad said he was on his way to the hospital to see Elena. We got to the hospital and I went into her room to see her asleep. "I don't understand." I shook my head.

"Kai linked Bonnie and Elena. Elena will be asleep until Bonnie dies." Stefan explained.

"That's it?" I asked crying. "She's just sleeping beauty for a lifetime?" I turned to him.

"I'm sure they'll figure something out." Caroline spoke up. "But if the don't, will you be okay?"

"No." I shook my head. "No I won't." I looked at her worried.

"I'm gonna go see what's going on with everyone else." Caroline spoke as she headed out.

I cried looking at Elena. "She'll be okay. She's healthy and safe." Stefan assured.

"She's asleep." I shook my head laughing. "She went through all this to become a human and she ended up asleep." My laughing turned into crying. "I mean how many siblings do I have to loose today?" I asked crying as I turned to Stefan. He looked at me disheartened. I walked over to him and hugged him tightly as I cried into him. "Why do I loose everything?" I asked sadly.

"Shh." He held onto me as he kissed the side of my head. "It's gonna be okay." I cried as I saw my dad.

I ran over and hugged him tightly. We both cried for what seemed like hours. There was no words to say. How were we supposed to handle something like this?

He decided to go and take care of Jo's body, insisting that he needed time alone. He headed out and I went back over to Stefan. I couldn't be mad at him anymore. There was too many other things going on and I needed him next to me.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you. And I'm sorry for not forgiving you." I cried as I hugged him.

"Don't apologize to me. You don't have to." He replied rubbing my back. "Let me take you home."

I continued crying for a while but by the time we were at the house I had stopped. Stefan came around and opened my door walking me to his room and through to his bathroom.

"Let's clean you up." He nodded as he grabbed a wipe. I wiped the tear streaks and blood off my face as he left to grab some clothes for me. I wondered if I could siphon away the pain. If only I could use my magic to take away everything that was hurting me.

Stefan handed me clothes and walked out. After taking a shower, I put on a T-shirt and shorts and felt a pain in my back. "Stefan." I spoke the snot present through my voice. I sniffed lightly and he came in. "There's still something in my back." I told him as he looked.

"Yeah it's right here. It might sting. You ready?" He asked as I nodded.

He pulled the glass shard out of my spine and I winced. He wiped it and turned to me. "I need to brush my hair." I told him as I looked at myself in the mirror. Of all the things I needed to do, for some reason brushing my hair seemed like the most reasonable, the easiest one.

"Okay." He nodded as he grabbed his brush.

I started brushing it looking at myself as Stefan sat next to me. I was tearing up again and I started to think about everything. I dropped my hand from my hair and tried breathing a bit.

Stefan wrapped around me once before grabbing the brush. He started to brush my hair for me as I let out soft cries and watched him through the mirror.

"What are we supposed to do?" I asked with a crack in my voice.

"Right now all you need to do is make sure you're okay. Clean yourself up, let out all your tears. You get time to let it out." He told me as I breathed shakily. He put his brush on the counter and I turned to him.