13

I came downstairs to see Stefan and Elena studying for her history exam. "Sounds like you're pretty ready for this test." I commented as I sat on the couch with a blood bag.

"Well I have been studying my butt off with Stefan so I've been doing pretty good." She replied as she smiled to Stefan.

The door bell rang and Stefan started to get up. "I asked sheriff Forbes to look in on any recent killings close by." Stefan spoke as he walked toward the door.

"Great." Elena smiled almost annoyed. I looked at her confused. She turned to me. "I just don't understand why he can't just take it like a normal person."

"It's Damon." I replied. "He doesn't take any news lightly." She sighed lightly and got up while I looked back to Caroline and Stefan.

"The thing is when they found them their heads were ripped off and they were desiccating." Caroline spoke and I looked at her confused and I walked over.

"Damons feeding on vampires." Stefan spoke as he came to the realization.

"And apparently he's a ripper." I added looking at the picture in Carolines hands. His head was completely ripped off his body.

"Emma." Caroline spoke almost surprised. "I didn't realize you were here."

"I do live here. I would move to the apartment but the landlords emptied it out and sold it." I sighed lightly looking to her.

"Didn't you have a whole bunch of stuff there?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah. Years worth of drawings and childhood portfolios. Now they're gone." I replied sadly with a soft head shake. All my childhood proof was in that apartment. "We should probably look at that." I added changing the subject back to the vampire ripper Damon.

""I shouldn't have let him go." Stefan sighed looking at all the police reports.

"No! Nuh-uh. You are not turning Damons roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip." Caroline looked at him upset.

"He makes up his own mind. It's his fault that he did this, only his." I added as Caroline nodded.

"No one could have stopped him from going after Wes the other night." She agreed with me.

"Wes must of injected him with something that makes vampires feed on vampires." Stefan thought for a moment.

"Good news, bad news. Bad news is that when this happened to Jesse we had to kill him." Caroline shrugged a bit. "But the good news is-" she stopped.

"The good news is that he's your brother and no matter what family looks out for each other." I nodded looking at him.

"Damon went 50 something years without speaking to me because of a girl. Do you really think he'll just come back?" Stefan asked unsure.

"Yeah." I replied obviously. "Eventually." I added a bit quieter.

"I have to find him." Stefan sighed lightly.

"Well, I can come with you." Elena spoke walking in. She tilted her head to the side and smiled at him. I wondered if she was really trying to get with him because it really seemed like it.

"Elena hey. I didn't know that you were here too." She smiled at Elena.

"Stefan has been helping me study." Elena smiled.

"Stefan who doesn't go to college." Caroline laughed and I realized she would rather be studying with Elena.

"Stefan who's an expert at history." Elena replied.