20

I was waiting at the house for Stefan. I had planned on going out and I hoped he wanted to too. He got home and was upset at his boss again. "Rough day?" I asked worried looking at him.

"Yeah I just want to think about anything else." He replied as he plopped on the couch. He looked at me and I smirked. "What?" He asked as I stood up and put out my hand. He furrowed his brows and took my hand.

"We are gonna go have fun." I pulled him up and he looked at me.

"Em I don't know." He replied looking at me.

"Stefan when's the last time we went out and did something fun?" I asked looking at him as he sighed looking down. "Exactly." I replied.

We started heading to the beach. It was the forth of July after all. I wanted to watch fireworks, but what better way than on the beach. Stefan had to drive but I got everything together. A blanket a cooler filled with beer, blood bags, and fruit. The blood bags of course were underneath.

"I'm excited." I smiled as we sat down by the beach. The sun was almost setting. Other people were crowded around us too.

We hadn't talked about our little make out session yesterday. We both went back to our rooms at the end of the night and the next morning he was gone for work before I could say anything.

"I didn't know you liked independence so much." Stefan commented as I turned to him.

"I like fireworks." I nudged him with my shoulder. "Look the sunset." I looked forward at the sky. "It's so pretty." I added in almost a whisper. I leaned on my hands which were behind my back and my legs out in front of me.

"Yeah." Stefan replied as I turned to him.  He smiled at me. I smiled back and checked my phone.

"The fireworks are supposed to start in three minutes. I looked it up and apparently they have some special firework show here." I explained as I looked to him. "You like fireworks right?" I asked realizing I never really did that.

"Yeah they're nice. I like the beach more though." He replied with a nod.

"So this is a win for both of us." I nodded to him.

I heard a squeak and realized the fireworks were starting. They started bursting in the air and I watched.

"Why do you like fireworks so much?" Stefan asked as I turned to him and looked back up.

"When I was younger we couldn't really do much. My mom was still in college and so we didn't have a lot of anything, but every year she'd take me to this firework show. I loved art even as a kid and when I'd see the fireworks- I don't know it was like an explosion of art and I loved how crazy it was." I smiled as more popped in the sky. "It just reminds me of a time when I was happiest."

"Wow." He commented as I turned to him.

He smiled at me and I let out a chuckle. "Yeah it's kind of stupid I guess." I replied as I looked back up at the fireworks.

"No, no it's not." He replied as I turned back to him. "I'm just surprised that you would want to relive that memory with me."

"Of course I'd relive it with you." I replied with a smile. "It's been really nice with you."

"What do you mean?" He asked curiously.