25

Damon explained everything in what I assumed was the short story version. He was stuck in an endless day in 1994 with Bonnie who couldn't get out.

"It doesn't matter. Right now I have someone to see." He spoke as he took a swig of bourbon.

"You can't." Stefan spoke as I looked down and winced lightly. If I knew he'd come back I would have never said okay to her taking it away.

"Why not?" Damon asked with an eye roll.

"She asked dad to compel away any and all memory of when she was in love with you?" I explained as it ended in a question. I didn't mean for it too but it was more to question his reaction.

"Are you sure, because you don't sound sure." He replied furrowing his brows angrily.

"Yeah I'm sure." I replied before biting my bottom lip.

"She thought she'd never see you again and she wanted to move on. It won't be a good idea." Stefan warned.

"I just have to see her. Our eyes will meet, fireworks will go off, and the balance of nature will be restored." Damon replied looking at us as if it was that easy. "She loves me." He added.

"She doesn't remember it Damon." Stefan explained as I looked at Damon sadly. I wouldn't want to be in his position, I mean I kind of was at one point except it wasn't as serious.

"I'll figure it out." Damon replied before walking away.

We stood there quietly for a second before I looked up to Stefan. "On the bright side, you got your brother back." I sighed as he held the side of my waist.

"Yeah but if he doesn't have Elena, I don't know how long he'll make it." Stefan replied as he looked into the darkness.

"Then we will find a way to make it better." I nodded to him. "But first sleep, okay?"

He took a deep breath, his eyebrows furrowed deeply. I rubbed his back lightly.

The next day Stefan and I headed to Whitmore. On the way I talked to Elena. I wanted her to remember but she claimed that she was happy now and she wanted to keep it that way. I told her she was just scared and I guess that upset her because she hung up.

We got to Whitmore and I went up to dad's room. We got in and Dad, Caroline, and Matt were talking about Enzo. Apparently Stefan didn't actually kill him. I was relieved that the blood wasn't on his hands but I wasn't necessarily okay with it.

"Someone has to go find him." I nodded looking around the room.

"I'll go to Tripp's office. See if I can find anything about what he's been doing." Matt nodded as he stood up and walked out.

"I have to stay here for classes." Dad spoke as I nodded.

"Alright us three." I looked from Caroline to Stefan.

"Well I have class too." Caroline shock her head.

"But Enzo doesn't like us much. If he's gonna come it's gonna be because of you." I nodded as she sighed lightly.

"Fine. Meet in front of the dorm at 2. I have to go." She spoke through gritted teeth. She walked out and I looked to Stefan. He looked almost offended that I set him up for that.

"You guys fighting is not good for anyone, not even yourselves and you know that." I shrugged lightly and he looked down.

"Yeah." He nodded looking back up to me. "You're right." He grabbed my hand.

"Like usual." I joked and he laughed lightly as he shook his head. I turned to my dad who stood there. "You have to convince Elena to get her memory back. Damon is wild without her and if we are bringing Enzo back it could get worse."