3

The next few days I spent talking with Elena trying to convince her to channel a different emotion, but that just annoyed her more. The led to her adding to the anger she was already feeling.

I got the chance to see Caroline and she was happy to see me. She was having Tyler troubles and honestly I missed him so much. I hoped the best for him but I was so worried that one day he'd actually be gone.

Elena, Caroline and I were sitting at a table together as they made their graduation invitations. "You're already done?" Caroline asked as Elena nodded.

"Just one set of family friends in Denver. No one else cares that I'm graduating." She replied.

"What about you Em?" Caroline asked. "I'm sure they'd be happy to see your twin graduate."

"Please if I invited my grandparents and I wasn't graduating they would have a fit." I replied. "Besides it's not like they actually care anyway."

"Well help me with mine then." She said as I started working on them. "I'm sure you can compel your way into a diploma if you really wanted to." Caroline smiled.

"Yeah but I could care less honestly. It's not like I won't have the opportunity to graduate again." I shrugged lightly.

"I second that." Elena replied.

"Look you might say that now but once this whole Katherine thing blows over-" Caroline started.

"What do you know where Katherine is?" Elena asked.

"No. Why would I?" Caroline responded.

"What about you?" Elena asked looking at me.

"Come on. The only thing I can focus on right now is making things right. That is the complete opposite of keeping track of Katherine." I answered.

"But if you did you'd tell me right?" She asked looking to both me and Caroline.

"Of course." I nodded.

"Elena you're obsessing." Caroline replied.

"Caroline if you know where Katherine is you have to tell me." Elena grabbed her arm as I looked at her worried that she'd lash out.

"I don't Elena. Chill." Caroline insisted fixing her hair as Elena sighed lightly.

"Let's finish these up." I segued looking to Caroline as she nodded. We kept writing and Elena got up.

"I'm gonna go inside." She spoke as I looked to Caroline.

"Were you like this when you turned your emotions back on?" Caroline asked.

"No actually I channeled the urge to make things right." I replied.

"It's kind of like you two are switching points of view." Caroline observed.

"I noticed that too. I hope she gets her mind off it soon." I sighed lightly. No one needed to ever act like how I was before. I didn't even want to be like that again. A part of me just wanted to be sad all the time.

Being emotionless brought out the badass in me but it brought out the bitch too. Because of it I just wanted to be helpful and badass. Every urge of sarcasm I had was tucked away under a layer of wanting to wallow in self pity.

"Hello earth to Emma." Caroline waved her hand.

"Sorry. Just thinking." I replied.

"I said I'm done. Wanna head inside?" She asked curiously as I nodded.

We went inside and after a while the power went out. "What the hell?" I asked as Caroline looked at me confused.

We went outside and the wind was blowing viscously. "Something's wrong." I spoke loudly to Caroline.