9

I was in the safe again. This time, I was alone. "Stefan?!" I called out but the water filled up. "Help me! Help me!" I yelled as the water got higher. "Someone please?!" I tried again as loud as I could. The water covered my face and I couldn't breath. I took more breaths but water filled my lungs.

I shot out of bed and let out a yell as I did. I took breaths and got from under my covers. I couldn't catch my breath and I felt my eyes welling up with tears.

I took a shower and got ready for the day. I was finally able to catch my breath. I heard the doorbell ring and I went to see who it was. I got downstairs and saw Stefan at the door. In front of him was Caroline and a safe. The same safe that we were trapped in.

"What's that for?" I asked and my heart started racing a bit.

"PTSD recovery." Caroline replied.

"You have PTSD?" I asked looking at Stefan.

"I'm fine. I just think about it sometimes." He replied looking to me. I nodded lightly and I swallowed my spit.

"And I'm gonna help make sure you don't have to anymore." Caroline smiled to Stefan as she started getting the safe inside.

Eventually it was laid down in the living room. Katherine was there too. Apparently she was just as set on helping Stefan. I wasn't really sure if this was the best idea of helping but I didn't say anything.

"Line." Caroline said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at her.

"I said I was thinking you could go in too. Just so it feels the same." Caroline suggested.

"Oh." I replied looking at the safe.

"Plus I think you could use it too." Caroline added. I looked at her confused. "I saw you freak out at the party." She added. "I want to help both of you."

"We spent three months drowning in it. What were you thinking?" Stefan asked as he stood next to me. I started tapping my foot. I was getting nervous. What if she accidentally got hurt and someone put us back in the quarry? Or what if she forgot and we were stuck forever?

"Like I said. We need to deal with the source." She replied.

"Are you sure you're not sublimating the feelings you had for Jessie?" Stefan asked as I looked to Caroline.

"Feelings? What feelings would I have about my best friend killing the guy I was crushing on?" Caroline asked and I raised my eyebrows. I missed a lot.

"He was out of control, and Elena did what she had to do." Stefan replied defending her.

"No Elena did what she thought she had to do." Caroline corrected. "Just like she also thought Damon was boyfriend material. No offense." She turned to me.

"None taken. We all make mistakes." I replied not moving my gaze from the safe.

"Aren't you a drama major? What do you know about PTSD?" Stefan asked Caroline confused.

"Well I know that you tried to deal with it your own way and failed. So now we are trying my way." Caroline commented as she went to open the safe. "Now come on." She spoke as I looked at the safe still.

Stefan got in first and I looked at him worried, but I swallowed my fear and sat next to him. I looked up and tried to keep my breathing normal.