1

Warm liquid rushed down my throat. The metallic taste mixed with euphoria sent shivers down my spine. I smiled lightly as I let go and watched the body fall to the floor.

Things were great, maybe better than great. I ate whoever I wanted whenever I wanted and I didn't care at all. It was like a permanent vacation. Not to mention I didn't have anyone breathing down my neck this whole time.

I walked away from the body and wiped my mouth. I had a cycle when it came to my new reformed great life. Wake up, drink some blood, get away from Klaus' watch of the day, drink more blood, then go to a bar. I was currently on step two, which meant step three was coming up. It was my least favorite step, that was for sure. Recently I just decided to kill the offspring.

I walked down the street watching out for any signs of spying vamps. After I left home I took dad's car and drove until there was no more gas. I left it on the side of the road when a car passed me. He offered me a ride and I realized he had been compelled to make me, then that he was a vampire.

It was weird though because he wasn't compelled to kill me, he was compelled to help me. At first I was okay with it, but then I realized it was Klaus' way of trying to keep an eye on me and I didn't like that so I avoided speaking to them.

They cleaned up my messes and by the time they'd finish I'd make new ones. I wanted it to be just inconvenient enough to keep them completely off my back. I knew that one day one of them would try to grab me and take me back to Klaus just when he needed my help again. Until that day I'd make it hard for them to get too close.

I noticed a girl looking at me. She seemed in a trance which was usually the first sign, but this was also a bad neighborhood and everyone was on some sort of drugs. I kept walking when I heard footsteps gaining behind me. I quickly kept walking when I heard them get quicker. All the sudden I was against the wall.

"It's time." The dark haired vampire said flashing his fangs at me. I hit the back of his knee. I began twisting his arm until I heard a crack then I quickly pushed him to the ground.

"Time for what?" I smirked looking at him as he groaned.

"Klaus needs you back." He replied.

"And why should I go?" I asked looking at him still gripping onto his broken arm.

"Because Elena." He answered in a groan his face contorted in pain. I tilted my head lightly.

"How do you know Elena?" I asked looking at him twisting his arm.

"I don't- I don't, but-" he grunted. "Klaus said he needed you back because of Elena." I let go and looked at him. Sometimes it was that, sometimes it was Damon, Caroline, Jeremy, Tyler, even Stefan. Just people I knew that I used to care about.

"Elena doesn't need me. No one ever needs me. He's lying." I replied with a sigh as he cracked his bones back in place. "I'm not going." I began to walk away.

"He said I can't leave until you come." He breathed looking at me.

"Well then I guess you won't be leaving." I replied pulling a stake from my pocket and put it into his chest after I knocked him to the floor. He must've recently been turned.

"Please." He begged. "I have a family."

I let out a chuckle. "Don't you know," I tilted my head. "I don't care." I pushed the stake in his heart and he slowly turned grey, black veins flowing up his face.

I sighed and looked around when I was pushed against the ground. "You really are an evil one aren't you?" I saw Elijah above me. "You don't have your humanity do you?" He asked curiously.