21

"Yes dad I'm okay." I sighed. "And no I don't want to go to college. I'll do it in a few years if I feel like it."

"Okay I'm just being sure." He replied with a chuckle.

"How are you? Are things getting better?" I asked. His vampirism was hard for him at first.

"Yeah." He replied. "I mean I'm always hungry but I've been handling it. And how are you? How is the searching?" He asked and I looked at the ground.

"We aren't having any luck." I replied and I felt guilty. We had stopped three months ago. Stefan had moved on, or he'd been trying to.

"Well I can send a few more half leads that I have." He answered.

"Okay." I nodded.

I heard a bell ring on his side. I smiled lightly. He told me that he was teaching at Whitmore now which I thought was good for him. "Class is starting. Be safe I love you." He instructed and I smiled lightly.

"Love you too." I replied and he hung up. Not but about five minutes later he sent me some leads. He had always sent them to Stefan, never to me. I didn't have any idea how many he had got and rejected to search into.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen to grab a blood bag. I was grabbing one when I felt someone's presence behind me. "Good morning." Stefan whispered as I turned to him.

"Good morning." I replied as I sat on the counter with my bag. "So my dad sent me some leads. I thought I'd check them out." I shrugged lightly.

"Yeah okay. I mean how far away are they?" He asked as I looked at my phone.

"Charlotte, North Carolina. There have been a series of odd behaviors near the cemetery's. People have heard chanting and some claim to see the people come back from the grave." I explained reading it off my phone.

"That sounds dangerous." He replied as he sipped some of his blood bag.

"Well, it's the first time he's sent me a lead. I can't just pretend like I went." I replied with a sigh looking at him. He nodded looking down. "No I didn't mean to offend you." I looked at him worried.

"No it's okay." He came over to me. "It's true. He's sent me leads." He nodded. "I just don't think searching is going to do anything else at this point." He added and I nodded.

"I get it." I replied looking to him. "But I think I might still go. Just for the fun of it. I'll be back by dinner time." I nodded to him and he took a deep breath.

"Please be careful." He spoke and I got off the counter and looked up to him.

"I will be. I'll even wear a helmet." I joked and he shook his head at me.

"If its sketchy get out of there okay?" He asked as he put his hands on my hips.

"Okay." I nodded and put my hands on his arms. He bent down and kissed my lightly. "Bye Stef." I smiled up to him as our lips were close.

"Bye." He replied after kissing me again. I got out from his gentle grip and I went to my new motorcycle. Stefan had one from Mystic Falls and I decided I would get one too. Of course I used mine more than he did because I had the extra time but sometimes we rode together, and that was fun.

Our relationship was sweet. We shared little kisses all the time. It was a relationship of love and as weird as it sounded we hadn't had sex yet. Of course every once in a while I'd fall asleep on him while we watched a movie. I mean I guess it wasn't really weird at all, but it was just new. I'd never been in a relationship like it. Part of me was eager to be close with him in a sexual sense, but I wasn't upset that we weren't. I liked the innocence of it. It was something I never expected for myself and something I never even thought possible.