Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Waking up the next morning, I rolled over to be blocked by Draco's arm.

"Ah- hm?" I hummed quietly, tilting my head up to get a better view. Draco was lying curled up on his side facing me, still fast asleep. His black shirt bunched up slightly around his neck, and his face a child-like quality to it, much more peaceful than anytime I saw him when he was awake.

I smiled softly, reaching over and running a hand through his hair softly. Or at least I thought it was softly, but he opened his eyes and looked over at me, a small smile gracing his face.

"Morning."

"Good morning." I replied, my smile widening when he slid an arm around my back, pulling me closer. His hand felt cold against my bare skin but I didn't mind. I felt his lips brush my temple when there was a loud knock on the door.

"Lily?" Caiden's voice asked through the door. "Are you awake? Can I come in?"

"Uhh..." I looked up at Draco, who still managed to look relaxed despite the fact that my little brother was maybe seconds away from barging in.

"Not right now Caiden."

"Bu- But-"

"Why not you go find Remus, or Sirius?"

"They're still sleeping. Please let me in?"

"Not right now, bud. I'll be out in a few minutes." I promised, starting to climb out of bed when Draco's arm tightened around my waist, nuzzling my neck softly.

"Alright.. I'll be in the living room!" Caiden chirped, and I heard the small thuds as he padded down the hallway and down the stairs.

"I don't want you to go.." Draco complained, and I chuckled quietly, falling back into him.

"Well, do you want Caiden walking in?"

"No, but-"

"Then I should get up and go meet him." I said, smiling slightly. Draco sighed, looking reluctant as he nodded.

"Fine."

"Good." I chuckled quietly. "Besides, you'll still be able to see me."

"I know, but I can't do this," He said, tightening his arms around me, "Or this-" He pulled me into his lip gently,- "or this." He finished pressing a soft kiss to my lips before I pulled away.

"I know, I know." I said softly, smiling weakly. "But think about it. The war will be over soon, things will be normal."

"But what if something happens to one of us?" Draco said quietly. I sighed.

"Nothing will." I said, hopefully sounding reassuring. Draco still looked skeptical but he nodded, letting me go so I could stand up, slipping on a t-shirt and jeans over my boyshorts and tank top.

"Try and sneak back to your room, alright?"I said quietly as he stood up, starting to search through the bed for his jacket. "It would kinda suck if you got caught by Sirius or something."

"Understood." Draco chuckled quietly, placing a kiss on my cheek before I slid out the door, going downstairs to meet Caiden.

___

Breakfast that morning was hectic. Order members had been running through the house all day, weaving around the place quickly and with hardly any words. Not to mention that sitting across from Draco without saying anything- especially after last night- was insanely difficult. Especially when he kept making faces at me when Sirius and Remus weren't looking, though I was pretty sure Remus had seen him once.