Chapter 27(Alternate)

((Long story short, I messed with the plot line a bit. My bad!!!))

Chapter 27

“Hey ‘Mione-”

“No.”

“What! You don’t even know what I was going to ask!”

“Fine. What?”

“Can you help me with my Transfiguration report?”

“No, Ronald!” Hermione said briskly, and I chuckled slightly at the antics of my friends. I sat in the Gryffindor common room with Harry, Hermione and Ron, talking and laughing. The weekend had arrived, and we had put aside most of our homework to just relax and talk for a little while, something we didn’t do as often as we’d probably like to.

“It’s not that hard, Ron.” I pointed out, but Ron waved me off.

“A little extra help would be nice..” He muttered under his breath, and rolling her eyes, Hermione slapped him over the back of the head with her book.

“Ow!  Bloody hell Hermione!”

“You were asking for it..” I chuckled. Harry smiled slightly, though the dark circles under his eyes were prominant as ever. It also kinda scared me, being that the next time he had a meeting with Dumbledore would be the last. It literally gave me goosebumps. Obviously my discomfort was evident as Hermione looked at me suspicously.

“Are you alright?” She asked slowly, and I nodded, waving her off.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” I promised, forcing a smile. Hermione eyed me warily but nodded.

“Good.”

“Good...” I said slowly as a first year walked into the common room, looking up at me.

“Lily?”

“Hey Alec. What’s up?”

“The sky.” He answered before waving it off. “Anyways, Dumbledore wants to see you.”

“Oh. Thanks.” I nodded, and Alec smiled toothily at me before walking up to his dorm. Sighing, I picked up my bag and slung it over my shoulder.Harry frowned slightly.’

“Why does Dumbledore want you?”

“How should I know?” I shrugged, chuckling slightly before walking out of the door and down the hallway, humming softly to myself as I walked.

Walking into the Headmaster’s office, I was surprised to see Dumbledore, Snape and Draco all in the room, Dumbledore’s smile contrasting with the solemn faces of Draco and Snape. Neither would look me in the eye.

“Hey....what’s going on?” I asked hesitantly, raising an eyebrow. Dumbledore turned to me.

“Ah, yes. Lily. We need to talk. We have some.. arrangements to make.”

“Okay... what?”

“You need to leave Hogwarts.”

Pardon me?” I asked incredulously, feeling stunned. Leave Hogwarts? Are you kidding me?

“You need to leave Hogwarts.” Dumbledore said again calmly, and I gave it a few seconds for my brain to process that thought before I replied.

“No!”

“Lily, it is necessary-”

“I don’t give a damn if it’s necessary I’m not going!” I said firmly, jumping in surprise when Draco stood up, towering over me. Oh crap.