Chapter 57

Waking up was the antithesis of the word fun.

Miraculously I had managed to drag myself up to my own bed and dressed in pajamas, after having stumbled tiredly back to the common room last night. Ginny and Neville had been asleep on the couch, as expected, but I hadn't had the heart to wake them and simply jotted down a quick note instead.

It was early still, the thirty minutes before breakfast that I knew I should be using to get dressed. But instead I only curled up tighter, pulling the sheets over my head with a loud sigh.

"Alecia?" Lavender's voice was loud, even muffled by the heavy drapes that hid me. I let out a low groan.

"What?"

"Are you awake?"

"Lavender. What?" I groaned, sitting up slowly. My skin felt stiff, and after a moment of surprise and and a quick look down I realized my scars had reopened, and with the lack of bandages- Damnit. I needed Ginny.

"It's Neville- He's looking for you."

"Can you tell him I'll be there? And- And get Ginny for me too, really fast." I said, discreetly trying to reach and grab the leather case that stayed tucked away between my bed and the bedside table. I slipped it into my bed with me, trying to move as little as possible as I flipped it open, pouring the proper amount of Polyjuice into a vial.

I sipped from it as I waited for the Weasley girl, nearly spilling when the drapes were pulled abruptly, revealing a wide-eyed Ginny. I smiled tiredly.

"Good morning."

"What happened?!"

"The scars just opened- Merlin, Ginny shush. Come 'ere." I mumbled, setting the potion down and scooting back slightly so she could sit on the clean side of the bed. "I just need a healing spell- The one I told you about- And then there are clean bandages in my side table."

"What happened to wearing the bandages to bed?" Ginny asked as she pulled her wand out. I bit my lip to keep my mind off the unpleasant pulling sensation that the healing charm came with, letting out a sigh.

"I was under the false hope they'd be fine." I said, running my fingers through my hair in an attempt to straighten it out. Ginny meanwhile set her wand down, surveying her handy work.

"Well, you need to be more careful." She clucked, grimacing. I gave a small nod, reaching down and gently prodding at the scar tissue. Weak, but no longer bleeding.

"I'll try. Bandages, please."

"You're also very lucky you have me." Ginny chimed as she reached over, retrieving the ones I needed. I stuck them onto myself carefully.

"I am indeed." I hummed, pleased to see that the bandages covered everything perfectly. Ginny smiled weakly, patting my leg in a fond gesture .

"Alright. Get dressed and come down, will you? The we'll leave for breakfast."

"Thank you Ginevra!" I yelled loudly as Ginny left the room, and as quickly as I could I scrambled out of the bed, going to throw my clothes on. My uniform, unlike when I had been myself at Hogwarts, had taken on a more feminine style, and one that I realized I didn't mind. Pulling the cream button-up on, I worked on tucking it into my skirt as I tried to step into my shoes. I never liked being late for breakfast.

I all but sprinted down the stairs to the common room, trying to wrangle my hair into an updo of some sort. As promised, Ginny and Neville stood waiting for me. Neville's expression brightened up considerably when he saw me, and it was with a smile that I walked into his arms, gratefully accepting the hug.