Chapter 80

Everything moved quickly after the initial triumph; Voldemort may have been dead, but there were still plenty of things to do. His body was moved quickly into a room far, far away from everyone else, and the door sealed by McGonagall and Kingsley.

Harry had been quick to disappear in the crowd, and I didn't blame him- I knew the exhaustion had to be overwhelming, and for him, everything could stand to wait for a little while. He deserved a break, and a long one at that.

Of course, I thought the same sentiment for myself, but couldn't find the time to rest between helping sweep away debris and healing those wounded in the last half of the battle. I was lucky though- there were no injuries nearly as bad as there had been in the first half, and the main thing everyone was suffering from was simply exhaustion.

"You, girl- would you mind helping me find my grandson?" An older voice inquired just as I finished healing the bleeding cheek of a Ravenclaw seventh year. Rising from my crouched spot on the ground, I turned and frowned when I realized it was Augusta Longbottom looking at me, lips thin and a mug of firewhisky clutched in her hands.

"Neville? I think he's over there, at the table- bloody sword in one hand, you can't miss him." I pointed, and after squinting in that direction, the older woman nodded shortly.

"Ah, thank you. I've been meaning to speak with him- quite brave, that boy." She said, the pride and fondness in her tone almost tangible. I smiled.

"He is." I agreed, and Augusta smiled tentatively back at me, eyes moving carefully over my being with a surveying look.

"Do I happen to know you?"

"We met formally when I was Alecia Longbottom." I explained, shrugging helplessly. The older woman's eyes widened a little, but she gave me one more careful look before she nodded.

"Well, it's nice to meet you as you are. You did the Longbottom name well." She said, then, as an after thought, "Feel free to help yourself to it again at anytime."

"Thank you?" I said with a raised eyebrow. But the older woman was already hobbling away, off towards her grandson. Shaking my head, I chuckled quietly and turned back to clean the blood off a towel I was using. I jumped when a hand landed on my shoulder though, and I turned to see Lavender there, exhausted and a little bruised but very much alive.

"Lily, have you seen Seamus?"

"He's with Dean and Aberforth." I told her, then added on an impulse, "Have you seen Draco anywhere? He was by the duel, but I lost track-"

"I'm sorry, I haven't. I'll keep an eye out though." Lavender said earnestly, too tired to ask many more questions, and I nodded, trying to fight back the worry in my throat. It had been almost two hours now, and the knot in my stomach seemed to be growing by the minute. I was only slightly comforted by the fact that the rest of my family was in the Great Hall, curled up not too far from the Weasleys and sipping the fire whiskey that had been offered by Aberforth.

"Miss Potter, you're spacing out again- why not you go rest? Merlin knows you need it. I believe I can handle the rest of the injuries just fine." Poppy's voice interrupted my thoughts, and with a small shake I forced my attention to her with a frown.

"Are you sure? I can-"

"Quite certain, Potter. Go on- go find your family, go rest. If I do see a need for you're help, I won't hesitate to call for you." She promised, and I nodded. My relief must've been evident on my features, because the older woman's lips pulled up into a weary smile.

"That's a girl. Go get some firewhisky now, will you? You've more than deserved it. And," She added after a pause. "If you ever think of applying to be a Healer, I would love to write you a recommendation."