Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I watched as Remus paced back and forth in front of the empty fire place, looking agitated. It had been awhile since Fred and Caiden had left, and while Fred was responsible, having Death Eaters on the loose gave enough reason to be nervous when people weren’t home on time.

Sirius and I ourselves had only just gotten back awhile ago- the potion having finally worn about half an hour or so ago. It tickled slightly, changing back, but it wasn't unbearable. I was picking at the sticker on my apple in the meantime, listen to Sirius and Remus talk.

“I’m sure they’re both fine, Remus- Fred is always careful when it comes to Caiden.” Sirius assured Remus with an encouraging smile, but Remus sighed, not looking entirely convinced.

“I know Fred is more than equipped to watch over Caiden, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t overwhelmed- there are Death Eaters running about, in case you forgot.”

“Remus; They’ll be fine.” Sirius repeated. Remus looked like he wanted to say something, but stayed quiet, instead deciding to sit down on one of the chairs by the fire.

“Besides, they went to a lesser-known muggle cafe. They’re nowhere near any previous Death Eaters attacks. They should be alright.” I chimed in, and Remus looked over at me with a weak smile. Sirius opened his mouth to say something only to be interrupted by the sound of the door opening, followed by a loud laughter that was unmistakably Caiden’s. 

Remus was out of his chair in a flash and in the hallway. As I approached myself, I saw that Caiden was already in Remus’s arms, being hugged tightly while Fred was leaning against the wall of the hallway, watching with mild amusement. 

“What took you guys so long?” I asked curiously, and Fred glanced over at me with a small smile.

“Well, looks like you’re back to normal.”

“Nice to see you too, Fred.” I rolled my eyes, looking over to see Caiden practically beaming at me from over Remus’s shoulder as he was carried into the kitchen, his eyes bright and zooming across the room. Frowning slightly, I glanced back over at Fred.

“How much sugar did he have, exactly?”

“He had a shake of his own, and then he finished mine.” Fred answered with a small shrug. “The sugar rush will wear off soon enough, I’m sure.”

“Remus is going to kill you.”

“I’m sure he was going to do that anyways.” He replied dryly, and I couldn’t help but shake my head at him.

“Suit yourself.”

“I think I will.” Fred chirped happily, taking the apple out of my hand and biting into it before continuing into the hallway. 

Ass.

___

Later on the same day I was sitting on my bed, flipping through A History of Magic. It was fascinating- so much information on how Hogwarts was made, how the process of the Ministry of Magic started, everything. Normally, I wasn’t one for history books. But being that this was a book on magic I felt the need to make an exception.

Fred had long since gone to work, and Remus was chasing Caiden around the house in an attempt to get him to eat something healthy. I wasn’t quite sure where Sirius was. Flipping to another page, I studied briefly. Deciding nothing that interesting was on the page, I flipped to another one. Still nothing.

Okay, History of Magic. Magic is cool. But it’s still history. 

Shutting the book, I set it down on the side table, rolling over on my back to stare up at the ceiling. There goes that plan of escaping boredom. Rolling over again, I moved to sit up when there was a knock on the door.