Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I was munching on a piece on toast and butter in the kitchen when Aaron finally graced me with his presence. Sarcasm intended. Seriously, the boy took longer than me to get ready and he didn't need to dry and straighten puffy hair or apply makeup like I did.

"Fancy seeing you here." I said, swallowing the last piece of bread.

"It's rude to speak with your mouthful." Aaron replied. he opened the fridge door and helped himself to a glass of orange juice.

"And it's rude to keep a girl waiting." I answered trying my best to keep a straight face whilst continuing this banter. That's all it is: banter. And it's brilliant as far as I'm concerned. I mean, who wants a relationship to be that serious cliche shit all the time?

"Are you implying you're a girl?" He said with a shocked face.

"Then are you implying you're gay?"

"Oh ha-ha. Just you remember that I'm paying today." He sat his glass down at the side of the sink and opened the cupboards looking for food.

"What are we doing today anyway?" I leaned back against the counter to secretly check him out. After rummaging he pulled out a packet of Oreos.

"What do you want to do?" Is what he meant to say, but with Oreos stuffed in his mouth and on full display whilst speaking, it sounded more like this, "wfat bo wo wamps hoo do?"

I laughed at him. His teeth were covered in double-stuff Oreo cream and lots of brown biscuit pieces. How very attractive. "Dude, put that away. It's rude to talk with your mouth full!"

He swallowed and smiled. "You didn't answer my question, so it's rude to keep a guy waiting."

I raised my eyebrows jokingly at him. "What do you want to do?"

"Well I don't know about you but I want to go swimming." He whispered - probably for a dramatic effect - and wiggled his eyebrows.

I raised my hand in front of my face and pointed to him with my index finger accusingly. "You, my friend, are a pervert." I couldn't keep the smile off of my face while I said this. It was just typical Aaron. If you asked me about a month ago if I ever thought I'd be Aaron Cooper's girlfriend I'd most definitely laugh at you and there's a possibility I would shout profanities at you for being an idiot.

So what changed? You tell me, 'cause I don't know. Maybe I just grew up and realised what I wanted?

Too mushy? Okay.

I opened my eyes my eyes and realised what a complete sex god my next door neighbour was?

Nah, I've always known he had unbelievable good looks.