Chapter 1

You're supposed to be mine.

Picture of Eboni ->

Chapter 1

"Brooke, I had a dream about that guy again last night."

"Seriously, Eboni? This is becoming just a little weird. You sound like a stalker."

I dug my heels into the ground and turned swiftly to face my best friend. Brooke and I had been friends ever since my mum began babysitting Brooke when we were both two. We hadn't always been the best of friends, though. The two of us faught a lot up until the age of five. When Brooke came over on a day her mum and dad was working, she used to bully me in my own home! She would pull my hair, break my toys, and mess up my room! She blamed me for having parents who were both so detached from her life. Of course, we worked passed this, and became very close friends. More like sisters than anything else.

"It's not my fault I'm dreaming about a guy who I've never met before. It's not like I can wake up during the dream and tell myself to stop fantasising about him!" I said, rolling my eyes. Brooke was missing that tiny detail. The one which was plainly obvious.

"But it is weird. How can you be dreaming about someone you have never met before, goodness sake!?" brooke sighed, frustrated.

"I have no idea."

Brooke sighed again, very quietly, as she started walking towards her locker again. I followed behind and we both dumped our bags on the corridor floor once we had reached our lockers.

"What was this guy doing in your dream exactly?" Brooke seemed to notice the sheepish grin on my face and asked "could it be any worse than the last few dreams?"

"Perhaps" she was right. I had gad some creepy dreams about this sexy , handsome and just plain beautiful guy. I thought it would be hard for me to make up such a face.

Brooke stayed silent, waiting for me to explain in further detail but I didn't. Instead I leaned against my locker watching her uncomfortable expression as she put books into her locker. This whole subject was a little awkward for Brooke to listen to, I knew that, but who else was I supposed to tell?

She closed her locker door and lifted her bag from the floor, putting it over her shoulder with a slight grimace on her face.

I lifted an eyebrow. "Heavy?"

"Very" she replied and lifted my bag from the ground handing it to me. "Come on, we're going to be late. You can tell me about this dream of your's on the way."

I took my bag from her grasp and pulled it onto my shoulder. "Sure thing."

Just as I turned around meaning to head towards registration in the opposite direction, I walked right into an open locker door and ended up sprawled across the floor with something heavy on top of me. I looked up to see that I was being pinned to the floor by a person.

"I'm so sorry." the 'person' said.

Just then, I heard a loud laugh coming from behind me. Obviously Brooke found my little encounter humorous.

Whoever had fell on top of me, stood up and walked away swiftly. I didn't get a chance to see who he was and to scold him for being such a klutz. Although, it probably was my own fault. I was pulled to my feet and was standing in front of Brooke, who was trying unsuccessfully to bite back another round of laughter.

"Come on, Klutz. You okay?" she asked, dipping her head so she could look me in the eye.

I brushed myself off and smoothed out my clothes before picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. "Yeah, I'm okay. Who was that?" I cocked my head to the side trying to see around Brooke to the figure who was rushing down the hall, heading for the males restroom, I thought. All I could tell was that he had thick dark blonde hair which was long enough to cover his eyes when he was leaning forward, as I couldn't tell who he was when he was lying on top of me. He had on a tight fitted white top, which you could see his beautiful toned body through, and a pair of loose fitted light blue jeans. Yum.

Brooke shifted her weight to the other foot, turning to gaze to the boy walking down the corridor in a hurry. She shrugged, "dunno, but he was hot."

Luckily there was no-one around to see my little fall. But I could tell that my best friend still thought it was funny, because of the twisted expression on her face. She was trying her best not to laugh.

Brooke was a stunning girl. She was thin - she worked hard for her body - she was about 5ft6, with long dark straight hair, tanned skin and huge blue eyes. All the guys practically drooled over her. She was cheer captain, but not snobby at all. She was just like a regular person and not like your average stereo-type cheer captain. Also, she always had a calm aura, around her. Anything bad that happened she took in her stride, and never let anyone put her down ... And she was the exact opposite to me.

I had bouncy, blonde, curly hair that rested just below my shoulders. I, too, had big blue eyes but I was just a short 5ft4. I was slim, but I wasn't anything special like a cheerleader, I was more like a good girl and a little bit of a geek. I wasn't popular like Brooke, because I wasn't as pretty as her, and I was sometimes told that i was too over anxious - mostly by Brooke. But no matter what, my best friend always stuck up for me, and I was always there for her.

Brooke rested her hand on her hip, gesturing for me to put my arm through hers. She began pulling me down the corridor once we linked arms and we tried dodging the crowds of people flooding the corridors as we made our way to registration.

Once we were seated, Brooke turned to face me with an unrecognisable expression on her face. "So, are you going to tell me what your mystery guy was up to in your dream?"

"You're so pushy, you know that?" I said, with a slight grimace on my face. She flashed a huge grin, signalling she already knew which made me roll my eyes playfully. "We were scooba diving."

"And?" she pressed, amusement clear in her eyes.

"Well.." I cleared my throat. If I didn't tell her now, she would bug me the rest if the day until I did. "He found a heart shaped shell and gave it to me. We got married in the sea."

She snorted a loud laugh and stared at me in disbelief.

I watched her giggle uncontrollably for a few minutes before she coughed a little and said, "I see. You know, that's even worse than the time you got married on a ferris wheel and exchanged cotton candy. Or the time you danced under a banana tree! They just get worse each time!"

"Yeah, yeah, rub it in!"

The bell sounded, signalling the beginning of registration and our classmates came pilling in one after the other, all of the boys eyeing Brooke in her tight fitted jeans and low cut top, and sneering at my black hoodie, blue skinny jeans and dark grey vans.

She threw a few guys flirty smiles, which I don't think she realised she was doing, and shot a couple of girls scowls.

Stacey Dunn walked in late. She was the schools most popular slut. She practically launched herself at every guy who showed her the slightest hint of attention. She also hated myself and Brooke, mainly because she wanted Brooke's spot on the squad, but she wasn't taking that spot anytime soon.

Stacey being Stacey, couldn't resist standing in front of me and looking down on me, attempting to intimidate me. She had on a really short black pencil skirt, a white blouse which was barely buttoned and 4 inch black stilettos.

She bent down, placing her hands on either side of my chair, so her head was level to mine. "I see the gothic look didn't die out last year then, Piglet. And, Brooke, if you're going to wear a top like that, you could at least wait till you have a decent cleavage!"

Brooke scoffed and turned to look at Stacey whilst I just sat there silent. I knew she wasn't shocked by these comments, but she faked hurt for a minute until a smirk stretched across her face and she brought her middle finger right up until it was a centimetre away from Stacey's face.

Stacey took the hint and stood up properly again. She turned and started walking to get her group of followers, sitting at their table, and flicked her brilliant wavy red hair over her shoulder, faking confidence.

I smiled a small smile to Brooke who sat there with a satisfied grin across her face. She flashed a reassuring smile towards me before switching her attention to our registration teacher who began calling out names.

"Actions speak louder than words." She muttered without looking at me.