Chapter 32

If none of you watch The Vampire Diaries... well you should. Nuff said. 

Chapter 32 

"There's a clown!" I squeaked excitedly to Aaron as I dragged him by the hand around the funfair. I couldn't help myself, I just get so excited at these damn things! It's the UK, for goodness sake - they're rare! Also, most of them - very small and hidden behind trees at the local park and set up for maximum sick capacity - are rubbish. The weather is so bad when the travellers come and set up, it rains for weeks straight. So when theme parks set up for these things, I just have to go! 

"Oh, hell no!" Aaron said as he halted where he was so I couldn't drag him any further. "No way are we going to see a twat with a big red nose dressed in a colourful jumpsuit!" 

I tried to drag him further but he dug his heels in. He was a strong guy, so why he let me drag him on about ten rides but kept whining, I don't know. He could have easily said no and that would have been the end of it. 

I looked up at him with my best puppy dog expression to let him know i desperately wanted to go see the clown. Who doesn't love clowns? They make me laugh! "Please Azza?" 

"No!" 

"Please-please-please-please-please!!" 

"Eboni, no, I'm not going and I'm not letting you out of my site." 

"Why?" I asked defensively. 

"Because we're practically in the middle of nowhere." I smiled slightly - he's so cute and protec-"I might get lost." 

I slapped him on the shoulder and gave him my best stern face but he only smirked at me. "For that you're coming." 

I started to walk away from him and towards the clown standing under a multicoloured tent, who was making a balloon animal for a little girl who was bouncing up and down on the spot excitedly. Her blond curls danced wildly around her small face as her tiny feet worked to send her body in mid air. She reminded me of myself when I was younger. 

Aaron caught my wrist. "Eboni, I hate clowns." 

I stared up at his worry lines embedded into his forehead and an arrogant smile appeared on my face. "Aaron Cooper. Big bad Aaron Cooper. Are you afraid of clowns?" 

He scoffed at the idea but I could see it as clear as day on his face that he was about to cover up his fear. "No. Why do you ask?" 

"You just said you hated clowns." I said like it was obvious. 

"I do. I hate the way they... prance around in those outfits that are so bright they give me head aches." He peeked passed me and to the direction of the clown before turning back to speak to me. "I hate the way they wear those big fake noses. I mean, what is the need," he scrunched up his face, "to insult Rudolph like that!? The rest of the reindeers were horrible to him, why do idiots like that guy" he pointed to him disgustedly, "have to rip it even more. No need." 

I began to laugh at him and his obvious stupidity. "Anything else about clowns that you hate?" 

He looked to his right and held out his index finger like he was some kind of genius. "Yes. The name. That just suggests that they're massive idiots." He gave me a sincere look. "So can we not go see the clown?"

"We have to go see the clown!" 

"Eboni, I'll do whatever you want if you forget about that stupid clown!" 

"You're a baby!" I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"I'm a baby now, am I?" He gave me a look that told me I was going to pay for that. 

There was only one thing I could think of to do to get him to see the clown.

"Chicken." I whispered so quietly but I knew for definite he heard it. Everyone knows that guys hate being called chicken no matter what. They all hate it. "Chicken." 

His facial expression melted. He was annoyed, I could easily tell. "I'm not a chicken." 

"Did I say that?" I said with a menacing smile. "Sorry, Chicken." 

"You know just exactly how to push my buttons don't you?" 

"I don't know what you're talking about, Chicken." 

"Fine!" He almost yelled in defeat. "We can go see that stupid clown." 

He plunged his hands deep into the pockets of his leather jacket and strode on in front of me, heading over to the tent. I caught up with him after staying behind a few seconds to grin because I'd won without him seeing it. I pushed my hand through the gap of his bicep and his side so i could link arms with him. 

I began to regret asking to go see the clown with him when he didn't even flinch at the contact or acknowledge i was there in any way. Fighting with Aaron was not something I liked doing on a daily basis. We'd been together the whole of five minutes. I liked flirt-fighting with him though. That was obvious. 

When we got to the tent, the clown wished the little girl a good day and waved as she ran off to her parents. I felt Aaron stiffen at the side of me but made nothing of it as I smiled at the man dressed up.

He greeted me by pulling out a bouquet of pink flowers from his sleeve and handed me them. I thanked him. He looked up at Aaron who was a whole head taller than him and noticed his stern facial expression. He looked him down and up and acted out a crying face. It was funny, so I laughed, but Aaron shot me evil eyes.

The clown put his hands in his own pockets and straightened his face. He walked around us in a circle, spectating. He was doing a good job if he was imitating Aaron. When he went around us both once he stopped in front of us, held up his index finger and took one step closer to us. Aaron instinctively stepped back. The clowns hand shot up to his heart and he faked hurt. He mimicked tears falling down his cheeks with two fingers and took another step closer. I laughed again as Aaron took yet another step back - it was like a dance.

Aaron really hated clowns, he was terrified. I could see that now. It was kind of funny that he was scared of something, he wasn't the type to come across as having any fears. I did regret making him come over. He would do anything to keep up his 'bad boy' appearance for everyone - even me.

The clown let out a frustrated sigh. It was his job to make people laugh and he couldn't exactly do that with Aaron being stubborn. Aaron yanked me back a little too protectively so I jabbed his arm and gave him a 'WTF' look. I know some clowns can be scary but this was just an old man dress up to try earn himself more money to spend on his grandchildren without them knowing clowns were just dressed up people. I could read the poor guy like a book. 

When Aaron was looking down at me, the clown glided forward so he was directly in front of Aaron. Aaron almost died when he realised he was face to (well the clowns head was at his chest) face with him. He reached up behind Aaron's ear and with a cheerful grin pulled out a sparkling silver ten pence. Aaron wore a scowl on his face the entire time.

I smiled politely at the clown and tugged Aaron away by his arm. I waved my bouqet at the clown as I left. 

"Are you okay?" I asked Aaron. 

"Maybe you should bin those flowers, they could have a camera system hidden in the petals" He replied sarcastically. Although he didn't answer my question directly, I got the jist. 

"Ha-ha. You're so hilarious." I rolled my eyes. I sniffed the flowers to piss him off so he pushed me and rolled his own eyes. "Sorry, though, I didn't realise you were that afraid." 

"I'm not afraid of a stupid clown." 

"You don't have to pretend you're not when I know you are." I took his hand but he didn't hold it the same way he does every other time. Someone was off. Did he already feel differently about me over that stupid clown after barely five minutes of being with me or was it just my imagination running wild? 

"Let's go get lunch." He suggested. I nodded and my stomach growled in agreement. He laughed at me but with less emotion than usual... 

This is all I've got but I hope you like it! Comment and vote please! I'm sorry it took so long!!xo