Chapter 16

Chapter 16

i text aaron as soon as i got in from school. a part of me was embarrassed and guilty for making such a scene which was very uncalled for, but a part of him actually wanted him there. i knew jason didnt want me to spend any time whatsoever with his brother, because he was apparently 'using' me or something, and he would 'hurt' me (whatever that was supposed to mean), so i wanted to prove to jason that i was a big girl, and i wouldnt be hurt easily. 

he replied back seconds later with a smiley face and asked if i wanted a lift, but brooke was with me, and that wouldn't go down too well, so i simply said thanks, but no thanks. afterall, i didnt want any more fights with brooke, especially with what she was going through. 

"so what time are we going at?" Brooke asked. she was sat crossed legged on my bed flipping through a boring magazine but looking interested. 

"Peyton said she would pick us up, she just text. apparently her and jason are going through a bit of a rough patch just now and shes not getting a ride from him, but she didnt say what was going on."

"oh, right. i'm sure you'll be the first he'll tell anyway." she said, with a fake sweet smile.

"What do you mean?" 

"Nothing. So is aaron coming or not?" the smile faded and her face was expressionless.

"Yeah." she nodded one quick nod, allowing me to see that she wasn't quite happy with the arrangement. 

An hour later, peyton was parked outside waiting on us. When we got in the car, the first thing that she asked was if aaron was coming. When i shyly said yes, peyton and brooke exchanged awkward and confused glances from the front seats. 

"What's with the faces? Everyone's been acting weird with me since lunch."

"Peyton spoke up. "We're just worried, thats all."

"what is there to be worried about?" another glance at each other from the front. "Come on guys, what is it?" 

Peyton opened her mouth to speak again but shut it quickly. Brooke swivelled round in her seat when she knew i was becoming aggitated. "We all saw what happened at lunch with you two outside, and you never mentioned anything in the car on the way home. We're all just confused. Plus, Jason will be there tonight and we're not sure what will happen, you know?" Peyton agreed by nodding sympatheticly but keeping her eyes on the road. 

"Nothing will happen between they two tonight. they both need to grow up. jason needs to know that he cant tell me that someone is using me when they're not, and then not talk to me because i like being friends with them. and aaron just needs to learn not to be a self-obsessed jerk half the time and such a sweetie the other half. honestly, they're both pathetic and they're both my friends so they need to suck it up."

"You have a point." Peyton agreed, emotionless. she was maybe angry because i was talking about jason when they werent on talking terms.

"Thanks." I had to admit, i was proud for getting that out.

"So you havent even filled me in on all this aaron stuff." Peyton said, anxiious for some gossip. 

"Oh, yeah.." For the next ten minutes in the car, i explained everything to Peyton about the whole Aaron situation and ignored all the tuts and snorts from Brooke when i mentioned anything to do with aaron being a nice guy. 

"So, are yous like.. a couple?" Peyton asked, speaking quietly, 

"Oh, god, no! We're just friends."

"But.. you like him, right?" Brooke nodded in the front, trying to be discreet but i still saw. 

"No, I don't."