Chapter 6

Sorry these chapters are not long but the story is just beginning! I also apologise for any errors I make when writing it!

Please keep reading and as ever, comment and vote :)! I would love some feedback! Thank you <3

Brooke over there ->

Chapter 6

I walked towards Peyton slowly and when I reached her I sat down next to her. I couldn't help my eyes wandering to Luke. He hadn't changed since school, but somehow - if it was even possible - he looked hotter outside of school!

"Hi, Eboni!" Peyton exclaimed. She placed her hand on my waste giving me a one armed hug.

When she pulled away, she had a huge cheesy grin on her face. I tried to put on a cheery face, I didn't want to down her obviously good mood. "You're awfully happy, what's up?"

"Ah, nothing. Nothing besides the fact that my boyfriend is just the best ever!" she sighed a happy contented sigh.

All I could do was smile, I didn't know why else to say, and to be honest I was kind of jealous of their relationship.

"Look!" She squealed, holding her wrist up in front of my eyes.

"Oh gosh, that's beautiful! Where did you get it?"

"My amazing boyfriend bought it for me. " she said, in a daze. Her cheesy grin was still there.

"Wow." was all I could say to the diamond encrusted bracelet that was dangling from her wrist. The diamond stones where tiny and every few there would be a bright red stone. It glittered from the blue lights above our heads, causing the stones to glitter and dance on her face. It was simply beautiful.

"I'm so lucky to have him, you know." She whispered dreamily, nodding in appreciation.

"He's lucky to have you, too, Peyton!" I added, being a cutie.

"Thank you, Eboni. You know, any guy would be lucky to have you as their girlfriend! I'm lucky to have you as one of my bestfriends.." she told me, her voice stern.

"Really? I don't think so." I whispered.

"Listen to me, you are a stunning girl and your personality is brilliant..." she scolded "... Eboni, why is your lipstick smudged?" she dipped her head in to get a closer look, but I covered my mouth with my hand.

I was wearing a bright red lipstick, she can't have been the only one to notice. "Oh.. Em.. I must have - you know - smudged it on my drink or something? Yeah, that's was it was, just smudged it." I hope she believed me, although I didn't sound too convincing, but I really didn't want to explain how I didn't like Aaron but I let him nip me, that wouldn't be a good conversation!

She murmured "hmmm."

"So.. You're bracelet's a beauty!" I tried changing the subject so I could take the lipstick off from around my face.

"I know, I ca-" she began.

I cut her off, "Sorry, I'm.. I'm just going to - nip to the hires bathroom?" it sounded more like a question but I shot up from out of my seat and when I thought I was safely away from our group, I started sprinting full speed to the bathroom.

When I arrived it was empty, which was a very good sign. But when I looked in the mirror, I saw that I had only made it worse but trying to get it off without using a mirror. I got paper towel and ran it under the cold water, then began wiping at the red stain mess on the top of my lips to the bottom of my chin.

I stayed in the bathroom for a few minutes longer, attempting to wipe off the mess, when I heard the door swing open and Brooke shout my name.

"I'm in here!" I yelled back. I could really use a make-up expert's advise.

"Well, the games are about to sta-" she looked at me startled, "what on earth happened to you? You look like a clown!"

"It doesn't matter. Can you please help me?" I asked, hoping she would have some sort of solution in her big bag of tricks.

"Of course I can. Is this lip stain?" she asked, examining the damage, trying not to laugh.

"Yeah." I said, ashamed that I even tried to use something that just wasn't made for me.

"Okay." she replied, sucking her lips into her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"Broo-ooo-oooke! Help me! This is embarrassing!" I whined.

She sat her blood red handbag on the counter in front of the mirror and unclasped magnetic button. She began pawing through her handbag. "AHHAA! This'll do the trick."

She pulled out a bottle of orange solution and cotton wool pads, turning the bottle upside down very carefully and letting the liquid soak into the cotton pads. I was curious "What is it?"

"A make-up remover." she replied easily. Why hadn't I thought of that? Genius!

She held my face in one hand and wiped my face with other. One she had finished, she pulled out a bronzer touching up the smudged parts of my make-up.

"Thank you!" I breathed.

"You're welcome, chick!" she smiled, "Now let's go play some bowling! I'm not letting that idiot think that he's bet me because I'm hiding in the toilets!"

I knew straight away that she was talking about Aaron! But, of course, she wouldn't let him get in her way of having a good time with her friends.

We made our way back out of the bathroom and walked in the direction of our lane. They had already began playing but no-one had took mine or Brooke's shot.

"Hay, Eboni, you're up next!" a male voice said. I looked over to the direction of the voice to see Luke standing looking as sexy as ever!

My heart started crashing in my chest, and I could hear my heart beat in my ears. He was so damn gorgeous!

I walked up to the thingy that holds the bowling balls and nearly tripped over the small step because I was still looking at him. The only thing I could think about was his mesmerising eyes and his golden hair!

I tried to tell myself to pay attention to what I was doing but I just couldn't get to grips with picking up a ball and bowling it down the lane. I picked up a purple ball - god knows why because I couldn't even carry it! - and struggled walking towards the standing point.

The bumpers were up, so I didn't think I was going to get less than one pin down, but as a I threw the ball, it bounced with such a force that it jumped over the bumpers and landed right in he gutter!

Laughter erupted behind me and I felt a blush creep up my neck. I really didn't want to turn around after making such a fool of myself!

One of the lads, Sam, came over and took the purple ball out of the gutter and handed me a pink ball. He was a football player and very muscular. He shot me a wink, "Don't you be trying anything you can't handle without my help, darling"

"Thanks, Sam."

"No bother, honey."

I took my turn and knocked down 2 pins in the first shot, but missed the last 8 standing on my second shot. Damn.

I couldn't help but think that I was making a full of myself in front of Luke. I mean, bowling has to be one of the easiest things. You just pick up the ball, walk over to the line, swing the ball back, swing it forward and let it go. Right?

Wrong! I sucked at bowling, and everyone seemed to be getting strikes and going onto turkeys and all sorts! But I was barely getting one pin down on each throw. It wouldn't have bothered me if it was just us girls, and possibly Jason, but there were people here that I didn't know too well, that were secretly laughing at me behind my back, or so it seemed, anyway.

I got on with it, trying to laugh at my own mistakes, but I ended up pulling my Hollister jumper on backwards and trying to burry my face in the fluffy hood. They laughed at me even more for that.

I ended up coming last, out of the big bunch of us, and Luke came first, with Aaron a close second. I just couldn't wait to get out of here and escape to Brooke's.

When we finally said our goodbyes to everyone, Brooke and I climbed into her car heading for her house.

Vote and comment, please! Just any kind of feedback would be helpful.