Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Aaron quickly jumped away from me and lunged off the couch into a standing position but not quick enough as my father walked into the Cooper residence in time to see out whole awkward dispute. 

"Dad!" I said surprised. "What are you doing here?"

My father's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as he looked between a shocked Aaron and myself. "Well, I got home from work early but of course, I need a key to enter my own house! Which, I don't have because I wasn't expecting to come home to an empty house. I suspected you might have been with Jason.. but here you are with the other Cooper.." By this point Aaron bailed on me and left the living room with my dad. "Aaron Cooper, get your ass back in this living room right now!" He shouted towards the kitchen.

Aaron slowly returned to the living room, "Mr. Lee?" He asked cautiously. 

"Do I want an explanation of why you were making out with my daughter on my neighbour's couch?" 

"Dad, seriously, that's not what was going on!" Yes it was.. 

"I don't need an answer from you, Ebbs, the guy i always the one to come up with the excuses - it's a common fact!" 

"I'm.. I apologise, Mr. Lee, it won't happen again." What? That's not what I want to happen! It was entirely the opposite of what I wanted to happen! He looked at his hands guiltily, as if he had been the one to steal out of the bon-bon jar.

"Calm down kid, of course it will. There's always been far too much sexual tension between you two. This was bound to happen!" My face dropped and so did Aaron's. Just don't knock her up or you're a dead man, Cooper. You hear me?" Aaron's eyes bulged out of their sockets. Did my dad seriously just say that? There was no sexual tension between us at all! Well, maybe a little.. "Guys, come on, close your mouths, you'll catch a fly!" He said chuckling. He walked over to the recliner and plopped himself in it, his feet up. 

Aaron's mouth snapped shut. He was almost right to be afraid of my dad. He was a policeman and he was the one to restrain any criminals who acted up in the prison cells. A tall, baldy, strong, round man with the strength in his hands to squish a squirrel, but had a heart as soft as an 85 year old woman baking pink cookies for her grandchildren, when it came to his family. His only family was myself and my mum which caused him to be extremely over-protective when it came to us, but of course, he wouldn't hurt Aaron at whatsoever, especially as he was the son of his best friends. Sometimes i wondered how my mum and dad ended up married and having a child when they were completely different but the same also. He was a big friendly fatty with a bit of a temper and she was a small fragile woman with all the good sense of the family. We were all he had since he lost his parents in a car crash when he was 10 and he was an only child. Put into care, he was a very hard child to deal with and no foster parents could handle him, also not aunts or uncles could take him into their family when they had their own children. So this is why he was part of the police force, because he wanted to make a difference to other people's life and give them the best opportunity they could possibly have at life, and so he did this by taking out criminals which I respected and loved him for, although I rarely saw him. This was also the reason why I told my mum about all my problems because my father was way too over-protective of me, and this is was my mum was surprised when i first went out with luke - grr - because she had thought my dad scared everyone off way back in primary school when he picked me up from school with a scowl on his face, staring at each child in case they hurt me. Yeah, he was crazy, but we loved him all the same. 

"Dad - leave!" I yelled at him. 

"Aw, kid, you're really going to deny me my youth? I'd much rather stay here and annoy you both, plus, this couch is seriously comfortable!" He nodded appreciatively to Aaron who automatically looked away, Yeah, so my dad could be intimidating sometimes.. all the time actually!