Chapter 25

"Baby girl are you still crying?" Darrell asked as he hugged her.

"I can't help it, I'm just so happy." She said on the verge of tears again.

"I've been saying it all day but I don't know how you and Verity made all of this possible in just three months." Sandra said.

"This is nothing for us after Mia's wedding. I am just glad that you and dad are so pleased with everything." Regina said still on the brink of tears.

"Don't start crying again or else I'll start." Sandra said holding Regina's hand.

"I'm sorry I'm going to try to be a big girl."

"Okay, let's have the bride and groom with their daughter and then we'll add the son-in-law." The photographer said trying to reign in everyone. After the pictures were taken Darrell and Sandra were off to the airport. Regina and Christian had put together their honeymoon complete package with a private jet and beach villa at a resort in Jamaica.

"I feel like my feet are about to fall off." Regina complained as the pulled up into the driveway of Christian's house.

"You've been running back and forth all day. I wouldn't have been surprised if you fell asleep while standing if the reception went on longer than it did."

"I couldn't help it, you have no idea how happy I am. After 33 years my family is finally complete. I have the best mom in the world and just to see how happy my dad is..." Regina trailed off as a knot formed at the base of her throat.

"Please baby no more crying." Christian pleaded as he stepped out of the car and walked over to Regina's side.

"I can't help it," she said again, it was beginning to become her favorite line.

"I know babydoll." He said as he lifted her out of the car and carried her into the house. Once in the bedroom Regina kicked off her shoes with a loud sigh.

"I feel like an overstuffed sausage," she complained as she motioned for Christian to unzip her dress. Once freed from the constricting dress, Regina pranced around in her underwear welcoming her freedom as she prepared for her bath. Once out of the tub she was ready to go to bed but not without Christian.

Shrugging on her bathrobe she set out to find Christian and the first place she checked was the nursery. The nursery had become his project. Christian went over each detail with a fine tooth comb making sure he didn't miss anything. Even picking the dresser doorknobs he spent hours in deliberation. When she walked into the room she found him sprawled out on the floor asleep using his suit jacket as a makeshift pillow.

"Looks like we're running daddy ragged." Regina said as she rubbed her protruding belly. She knelt down beside him and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Christian wake up." She said as she shook him and he immediately popped up.

"What's wrong, are you okay?" He asked as he gave her a quick once over.

"I'm fine, calm down. Come on it's bed time."

"But I don't want to go to bed," he whined.

"Yes you do." She said getting up and she held her hand out towards him. He took her hand and she helped him up. Regina dragged him towards the bedroom she undressed him down to his boxers before pushing him onto the bed. She settled into bed and tried to pull Christian so that he could rest his head on her lap.

"What are you doing, don't hurt yourself."

"Man relax, you are such a nervous wreck. I am pregnant not made of glass." She said as she ran her fingers through his hair.

"You've been so busy working and taking care of me that you've forgotten about yourself. So let me do my soon to be wifely duties, and let me take care of you." She said before planting a kiss on his forehead and he began to relax enjoying the feel of Regina's long fingers in his hair. He rested his head in her lap and soon drifted off to sleep as Regina hummed a song as she continued to stroke his hair and she was content to let him sleep knowing that he needed the rest.

The next morning Regina woke up early and made sure she was quiet so that she didn't disturb Christian who was sleeping so peacefully. Grabbing her car keys and blueberry muffin she hopped in to her car. An hour later Regina found herself sitting at a table in the Westhouse hotel restaurant in mid-town Manhattan, with Melanie's smiling at her from across the table.

"I'm so glad you finally decided to make the time to see me."

"I figured it was the only way to get you to stop pestering me."

"I wouldn't pester you if it wasn't important sweetheart." She said and Regina rolled her eyes, she was beginning to feel sick. She couldn't stand being in front of the woman. There was no type of mother-daughter bond between them and Regina was sure there would never be one. She already had a mom and all she wanted was to get the woman out of her hair.

"What do you want from me Melanie?"

"It's simply I just need you to sign some papers.

"Papers for what?"

"Just insurance, my husband passed away a few months ago and he left a sizeable inheritance for my children and left me in charge of his estate. I know I won't live forever so I am taking care a few things before it gets too late."

"And I am one of a few things?"

"I just want to make sure that when I am gone, there are no issues when it comes to settling my estate. Of course you are my first born so I would not leave you out. I'm leaving you a decent inheritance but-"

"You want to make sure I don't get greedy and try to come after your children's inheritance." She said with a scoff. Regina could not believe that the woman had annoyed her to no end all for money she had no clue about nor cared about.

"I just want you to be aware-"

"Melanie I didn't ask for your money nor do I want it, so just do me a favor and stay away from me." Regina said as she stood up.

"Regina stop being so difficult, I'm trying to take care of you and my grandchild."

"You lost the right to try and take care of me years ago, and you have no grandchild."

Regina stormed out of the restaurant pissed off that she wasted gas to make the trip. When she made it back home Christian was still sleeping as if he didn't have a care in the world. She stripped and tossed on a t-shirt before climbing back into bed. Christian turned over and reached out for her, pulling her into his arms.

"Where did you go?" He asked his voice thick with sleep.

"Nowhere," she mumbled as she buried her face in his chest tears pricked her eyes. Regina knew better than to expect anything good to come from Melanie; but even though she knew I better it still didn't keep it from hurting.