Chapter 24

"He's going to kill me!" Regina wailed into the crumpled up tissue in her hand.

"Gina calm down, you're getting yourself worked up over nothing." Verity said as she rubbed Regina's back.

"It's these dang hormones, I can't help it." She said with a sniffle, "That ring meant a lot to the both of use, I can't believe I lost it."

"Maybe you took it off somewhere at home."

"I don't know,"

"Well you need to tell Christian. You can't keep avoiding your fiancé over a lost ring. It's been a week since the wedding and you still haven't spoken to him yet."

"He probably thinks that I'm still mad about the situation with my mother so I've been buying my time with that."

Verity sighed as she got up and walked into the kitchen when she returned she handed Regina a glass of water and handful of tissue.

"Just go talk to the man; I'm pretty sure he's just as miserable as you are."

"I guess so, Regina said before blowing her nose.

"Enough crying, let's see how many people are still talking about the circus wedding." Verity said opening her laptop.

When Regina walked into her condo she half expected to see Christian watching TV in the living room. She plopped down on to her sofa and pulled out her phone from her pocket. She started to call Christian but just tossed the phone onto the coffee table before dragging herself into the bedroom.

The next morning she woke up to her house phone ringing, as she sat up the call went to voice mail.

Regina it's your mother-in-law Diana-oh dear I hope I didn't wake you up, I didn't realize the time. Anyway when you get this message give me a call.

Regina groaned as she slid out of bed once she got herself together she called back Mrs. Grey.

"Did I wake you sweetie?" she answered.

"No, no I was in the shower when you called," she lied knowing that Diana would have felt bad if she knew.

"Oh good, Cookie told me that you are free today so I booked a spa day for us. I also included Sandra she's going meet us at the spa. I hope I wasn't too presumptuous with my plans, I just want all of us to spend time together since we'll be family soon."

"Oh no not at all I could use some pampering after the week I had. I'll come over as soon as I finish eating."

"Ok sweetie, see you soon"

Regina hung up the phone and began to pull out the couch cushions for the fifth time in search for her ring. It was tearing her up that she was so reckless with it. She had searched every inch of her condo and the office with no luck and the stress was finally getting to her.

When Regina arrived at the house Cookie was chasing Maxwell through the foyer and into the dining room with a wine bottle in hand.

"Do I want to know what that's all about?" Regina asked Tara as they walked into the family room.

"I don't even know what that's all about." She said shaking her head used to their antics.

"Cookie put the wine bottle down and get ready we're going to be late." Diana yelled as Maxwell yelped out in pain. "How are you sweetie?" Diana asked as she hugged Regina.

"I feel fine,"

"No more morning sickness right?"

"It's all gone finally, the tea you gave me helped a lot."