Chapter 23 (Part 1)

Regina blew her bang away from her eyes and she watched the stage being set up for Mia's wedding. The team would be working through the night to set-up the venue for the next day. Every pair of hands that were available were put to use. She even had Christian and Cookie spray painting the lights they had imported. The venue was slowly coming together but there was still a lot of work to do, and she had to orchestrate it all by herself. Verity was still confined to the bed where Dimitri kept watch to make sure she did not try to sneak out. Regina's cell phone rang and she knew it was Verity without looking at the screen.

"Yes V?" she answered with a sigh, it was the twelfth call of the day.

"How's everything going, you stopped sending me pictures."

"I'm a little busy Verity, everything is fine, will you just trust me?" she said as she walked towards the back are of the stage where tents were being set-up to serve as changing rooms for the musicians that were coming to perform.

"It really is starting to feel like Woodstock. Mia called and said that she invited three more bands to come and perform."

"That means we need more food, drinks, hotel rooms, let me call the caterer." Verity said quickly excited that she could do something.

"I have Teresa on that already; I told you I have everything under control."

"So you really don't need me?" she asked sounding downcast.

"Not right now, you've taught us well boss lady, let us do the work for once. Just relax; make Dimitri feed you grapes or something. I'll come by later with an update."

"Okay," she said with a sigh.

Regina ended the call and made her way over to their make-shift headquarters where Sandra and Ramona worked on organizing the flowers into the rented floral fridges. The budget for the wedding surpassed anything they had worked with before. Regina and Verity were both excited by the endless possibilities the almost two million dollar budget gave them, but it also put them under a lot of pressure.

"How's it going mom?"

"Everything is fine, I told you not to worry about us." Sandra said as she pushed the stray hairs in her face back.

"I'm not worried I'm just checking," she said hugging Sandra. "I really appreciate your help; I don't want to abuse you."

"You should be worrying about yourself, don't overdo it Regina."

"We're fine," she said patting her stomach; "Once this wedding is over I plan on taking a week off and sitting on a beach somewhere."

"As you should, Darrell is bringing lunch for everyone in an hour, why don't you have a seat until then."

"I have to check on everyone else, and make a few calls, just call me when he gets here." She said before turning her attention towards Ramona.

"Ramona when you're finished up here I need you to call the hotels and see how many guest have already checked in." she instructed before leaving to finish her rounds. When she finally made it to Christian and Cookie they had just finished their assignment and were looking rather pleased with themselves.

"Hey Gina!" Cookie squealed as she rushed over to Regina and hugged her.

"You two are fast,"

"I told you once we stop fighting we can get some work done." Christian said as he kissed her cheek.

"You weren't lying," she said as she bent down and inspected the birdcage lights that were meant to line up along the runway that lead to the stage where the wedding would take place.