Chapter 16

Regina opened the door to Sandra's smiling face.

"Surprise!" she said as she held up a bag filled with Tupperware.

"What are you doing here?" Regina asked genuinely excited for her visitor.

"I figured you would be exhausted after yesterday I know I was, so I wanted to bring you some comfort food." Sandra said as she walked into the house as Regina took a bag from her.

"Aww you didn't have to do that."

"I wanted to, plus we haven't had a chance to talk since the last time you were at the house." Sandra said as they walked into the kitchen and she started to unpack the containers.

"Is that roast beef?" Gina asked as she picked up the container and salivated over the savory smelling food.

"I know it's one of your favorites."

"Ms. Sandra you're the best." Gina said as she hugged her making Sandra smile.

"Let me warm these up for us just have a seat." Regina instructed as she pulled out a pan from the cabinet.

After warming up the food Regina and Sandra sat at the table to a plate of piping hot roast beef with gravy, jasmine rice and glazed baby carrots.

Regina hummed as she ate her food in silence.

"This is so good Ms. Sandra."

"Thank you honey, you know since your dad and I are getting married you can just call me Sandra."

"Would you hate it if I called you mom?" Regina asked surprising Sandra.

"You want to call me mom?" she asked as tears stung her eyes.

"If you don't mind, I mean you've been more of a mom to me in the past five years I've known you than my own mother. I've only met her three times."

"I would be honored if you called me mom; I already love you like you're my own."

"Really?" Regina beamed.

"Of course, I loved you from the moment you threatened me." She said with a laugh as Regina cringed.

"I would apologize about that but I'm not really sorry, I wanted to make sure you didn't hurt my daddy."

"I know," Sandra said patting Regina on the hand. The women sat in silence for a few moments relishing in their newfound relationship.

"How are things with you and Christian?" Sandra asked as she cleared the table.

"Not too good we got into a huge fight on Friday. I admit it was my fault but I don't know if we can stay together after this one."

"Why?"

"I did something-well in his mind I did it and I don't think he'll forgive me."

"I'm confused, what exactly does he think you did?"

Regina sighed as she debated whether she would tell Sandra what was really going on.

"I'm pregnant and I told him that I was thinking about getting an abortion because I never wanted children and can't be a mother."

"That's nonsense how could you say that?" Sandra said bluntly surprising Regina.

"Christian loves you more than anything, I have never seen a young man so in love. He contributed just as much as you to create the child you can't just abort the pregnancy and think that he doesn't have a say. Do you know how many women struggle to have children on a daily basis? I never had any children because I was selfish. I didn't want anything to ruin my career." Sandra said as she looked Regina right in the eyes. "I thought that I didn't have the time or qualifications to become a mother, that's how I ruined my first marriage. I regret to this day not having any children, but now that I have you and I see you going down the same road as me I want to stop you from making the biggest mistake of your life."