Chapter 3

Regina felt a warm hand stroke the side of her face as she heard someone call her name.

"Come on Gina wake up." Someone begged softly. As Regina opened her eyes and her vision began to focus she noticed the worried expression on Verity's face.

Aw hell I passed out. She thought as she tried to get up.

"Take it easy baby doll." A deep baritone voice with a smooth southern accent said. Regina knew that voice all too well, she looked up into a pair of concerned aquamarine eyes and quickly shut her eyes and opened them again.

Damn he's still here.

"I'm okay." Regina said sitting up, her whole body felt drained. She was in such a rush this morning that she had forgotten to eat, which isn't a smart thing for a diabetic to do. Regina made a mental note that if she ever saw her mother she would curse her out for the only thing she had ever given her, type one diabetes and thunder thighs she couldn't get rid of no matter how hard she worked out.

"You forgot to eat this morning didn't you?" Verity asked in a very motherly tone. Regina shook her head yes as she sat up.

"You better be glad Christian was here," she scolded.

"Here drink this." Christian said handing her a glass of orange juice the gallery manager ran to get.

"Thanks." Regina said as she tried not to look at Christian.

The crowd of concerned people let out a collective sigh of relief as Verity helped her up and guided her to a seat.

"Regina you know this could have waited until you had breakfast. I don't know what I would do if I lost you." Verity said as tears flowed down her face.

"I'm going to kill your husband." Regina mumbled as she sipped from her glass.

"She's right you know." Christian said finally speaking.

"Yes I am and now that she's okay you can return to whatever cesspool from the pits of hell you crawled out of." Verity snapped as she tossed a protective arm around Regina's shoulder.

"It's nice to see you too Verity." Christian said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Verity asked while Regina sat there in shock, Christian was the last person she expected to see today.

"I'm here with Cookie; I think she's trying to take your spot." Christian said as he stared at Regina.

"Let's go Gina we have to get you something to eat." Verity said as she glared at Christian.

"Not until we get this settled Jess would have a breakdown if we lose this place." Regina said as she saw a petite blond making a b-line for them.

"Oh my god Gina I heard what happen are you okay?" Cookie asked as she hugged Regina.

"Cookie I'm okay."

"Okay good." Cookie said as she let go of Regina and touched the sides of her face.

"I've missed you." Cookie said as she gave Regina a bear hug, for such a tiny woman she had a lot of strength.

"I've missed you too Cookie."

"Ms. Cookie I hear your trying to take our reception venue." Verity said trying to get back to the task at hand.

"Am I, I would never do that." Cookie said with dismay.

"It's not your fault, the staff here is irresponsible, this will be the first and last time we use this place." Verity said with a huff.

"Having the reception at this place wasn't even my idea it was mother's." Cookie said rolling her eyes as she tossed back her long blond hair. "I wanted to have the reception on a yacht." She continued.