Chapter 1) Memories

''Liz, i got the new photographs ready for you'' I said when she got into the studio ''Maya Rivers, you really are a sweetheart. What would i do without you?'' She said, coming over to give me a quick hug, as she took the pictures looking at them ''This is fantastic! And thank you for doing all this, you work yourself to hard darling'' She told me, while putting the photos away, ''It's nothing, really. I love doing this'' I smiled ''I'm just happy no one have stolen you away from me yet'' Liz joked. ''Don't worry, i don't think i would be happy in any other business'' I chuckled.

''Maya, darling please go home. You've already worked yourself to hard, wouldn't want you to get too stressed'' Liz said, making me look at the time.. It really was late..

''Well, then i guess i'll see you tomorrow then'' I said while gathering the last of my stuff into my bag. Just as i was about to clean the little mess up i had made Liz spoke ''Oh Maya please, i'll take care of this.. And no you won't come in tomorrow, it's sunday, have you really worked the whole week?'' She asked. ''I just wanted to get it all done, so you shouldn't worry.. I know how much it means for you to travel out to see your son perform'' I said

It's not like i minded the work here, it paid well. And i loved it, taking pictures, doing a little touch ups and stuff like that. Liz always said i worked too hard, yes i did more work than one person could handle, but it didn't matter to me.  ''Thank you darling.. I really hope he comes home soon, i miss him'' She sighed. 

Luke the youngest of her sons, he was member of the worldwide known band 5 second of summer. Liz talked a lot about him, it was clear that she missed him a lot. He almost never had time to visit Sydney anymore, i knew he was busy with the band and touring, but it killed me to see Liz sad. Every now and then, she would travel to see their concerts, taking these amazing pictures. And when she came home, she could never stop talking about it.

She would show me all the photos she had taken, talk about how amazing it was. Talk about Luke, tell me about how sometimes he looked sick, because of the lack of sleep he sometimes gets. Talk about how much he shines, that he glows with happiness, and how his smile would make her day.

''Maya you're too sweet.. Now go home and rest, i can't have you walking around like a zombie'' She laughed, ''Alright then, goodnight Liz'' I said at her, while i began to walk out of the studio.

I walked home, seeing as my apartment wasn't far away from here. I either walked, or rode my bike to work, it was a ten minutes walk, and about 5 minutes on my bike. I had a car yes, but i didn't use it very often, seeing as my work was so close, and the stores was close too. That was the good thing about living in the city, and not outside it. Everything was nearby.

I locked myself in as i came to the door, pressing the button on the elevator, hoping it would come down quick. I lived on the top floor, that means i had this amazing view over the city. But it took some time getting all the way up there, especially if the elevator broke down. Now see that was hell, walking up all those stairs, it happened once, when i had two bags full of groceries. Let's just say i was near death when i finally got up. A ding was heard, signaling that the elevator had come, the doors slid open. I got in and pushed the button to my floor.

A little while after it came to a stop, i got out and locked myself in. I took my shoes off, seeing as nobody was at work today i was dressed in a pair of adidas, a casual top and some sneakers. I placed my bag on my kitchen counter, poured myself a glass of wine, then got out on my balcony. I sat down, admiring the view while i sipped my wine. I thought about Liz, she had always treated me well, i wanted to repay her but didn't know how. I think that's also one of the reasons why i work so hard, i want to make her happy. Sometimes it feels like she's a little depressed when she doesn't see Luke for a long time. I want to do  anything to make her happy, she's such an amazing woman.

I didn't go to college, but Liz came by my parents house one time and saw some of the photos i had taken. She was amazed, and took the time to teach me more herself. She helped me get better at the things, and soon enough she hired me. I had worked for her, for about two years, since i was nineteen. Now i'm twenty one, and because of her i'm doing well for myself. I had wanted to go study photography at a college, but my parents didn't have the money, seeing as my father got fired in my senior year. So i owe all to Liz, i was lucky that she knew my parents, and that i went to school with Luke. I think that helped a bit also, that the girl she helped knew her son. She had always been open to me, and i to her. I could talk to her about anything, and i listened to her when she was feeling down. She was like my second mother.

I went to the same school as Luke, Calum and Michael, so i knew them a bit. It was funny how Luke and Michael ended up being friends, and in the same band. I remembered they used to hate each other, but one day it was like it stopped. And it was also around that time, that they both stopped talking to me. I have always wondered if i did anything wrong, but it's nothing to worry about anymore.

I could remember one time, i went to the park with a couple of my friends. When they went home i found Michael, sitting on a bench playing the guitar. I was so amazed by it, i just had to listen. So he ended up playing for me, and then we both sang under the starlit heaven.

Then there was Luke, i always caught him staring at me when we had classes together. One time we got paired up for an assignment, it was so hard workin with him. Mostly because we ended up making fun, we goofed around, and had a great time. And when the school closed, we were about to go home. Luke had insisted on walking me home, but then it began to rain. 

So we ran, and found this little shelter we could be under. We were all soaked, then Luke got this idea that we should dance. So we slow danced, him singing, all in the pouring rain. We were about to kiss, but then some old man came, yelling that we couldn't be there. So we ran away laughing. And when we came to my parents doorstep, i kissed him on the cheek as we said goodbye.

Calum, he was this goofy boy around school. I never really got to know him that well, it was only sometimes we would get together with some friends, but that was it. I thought that he was nice, and wanted to be friends with him. But that idea stopped when Luke and Michael, suddenly became friends, and stopped talking to me. It was like i didn't exist in their world anymore.

I have sometimes wondered what it would be like, if they didn't stop talking to me. But all that seemed so far away in the past now. I went to the edge of my balcony, looking out at the city, all the different lights lit up the city. Beautiful.

I finished my glass of wine, got in and sat it on the kitchen counter. Pouring another glass, then i turned on the television, and just as fate would their faces lit up on the screen. It was an interview, but i found another channel, saw some of The Notebook. But ended up falling asleep..

So this is a new story.. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, the chapters will get longer. This was just to get the idea out