44.

Bryan pulled out my seat for me to sit. "Thank you, handsome." I said while sitting. He sat himself across from me and just stared into my eyes.

"What?" I giggled.

"I was reading about how pregnant women get this shiny, dewy glow and yours is just... beautiful." He dreamily said. He was in a daze staring at me.

I had to stop him, I grabbed onto his hand. "Thank you baby, but enough staring. You're making me hot." I said.

"Can you even get any hotter?" He flirted.

I squinted my eyes his way. "What are you up to? All this gushy love is different."

"Nothing. It's just I've always known you were and are beautiful but you are truly radiant and captivating. I guess it took me awhile to see these about you. I love you, princess." He said as he held up his glass. "Happy anniversary."

"Happy anniversary." I smirked.

After that, the waiter brought out our starters. Bryan rented out all of Mr. Chows and made sure to tell the owner all my favorites.

While eating, I decided to reveal the gender to him. "I went to the doctor today." I started.

"Oh, right. Sorry I had to miss it."

"It's fine, but Dr. Walters said she could tell the gender finally. Wanna guess what we're having?"

"It's a girl. No doubt." He said without hesitation.

I sat back and let his mind wonder as I let the anticipation build up.

"Mich, is it a girl or a boy? Are we throwing a gender reveal? Or a baby shower? When are we moving in together? The baby can't have two different rooms at two houses. Can it?"

I love when he rambles about the baby or the girls. It shows the softest side of him.

"I think he'll be just fine. Whether he has two rooms or not." I said dropping the bomb.

"Yeah, but what if he thinks we don't lo– Wait."

I smiled realizing he had picked up on the he.

"It's a boy?!" He shouted. "Fuck yeah! I'm having a son!" He cheered.

The staff behind us cheered and I watched Bryan go about like a happy fool. He came over to me and swooped me off my feet.

"We're having a boy!"

"Yeah, we are." I laughed.

He put me down as he placed a kiss on my lips. It was a magical kiss and I wished it'd last forever.

He pulled back and sat back down. "Can we talk about names? Is Legend okay?"

"Eh, your girls think that's too much. Team too much as Monroe said. J was thinking Beau or Shai."

"Do they get a say?" He asked. I remained silent, simply because he and I both know the answer to that. "Nevermind," He said, "Well, those are girly names."

I like them, kind of.

"What about.... Roman?" I suggested.

"How about we call a family meeting and we all agree on one name? Because Roman is terrible."

"Agreed."

"Can we talk about us?" I gently asked. This isn't always a topic to force considering we're in a healing phase.

"That's what tonight is about. What's got that pretty brain of yours thinking?"

I grinned and folded my hands under the table. "Do you ever think we went about this too fast?" I said barely above a whisper. He heard me though by the way his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes, but I also know everything happens for a reason. My life didn't have a meaning before you and the kids came along." He said.

"You introduced me to a life I never knew of. Family, love, and happiness. I had the guys and the business, but this feels timeless."

I laughed at him under my breath. "You know under the thug act, you're an old sap." I told him.

"I figured the act was getting harsher so why not let you see the soft side. Speaking of which, I wrote something for you." He said before pulling out a piece of paper from his tuxedo pocket.

"A song?"

"I guess it's really a poem, considering most songs have a melody to them, but it'll make it into a song for you if you like it."

"Well, let's see if I like it."

I sat up and awaited for my poem to be read to me. I knew he was a softie, but a poem strikes a whole new nerve. It's beautiful.

"Michele. I've already proposed to you, so don't let my words ahead fool you into thinking this is another proposal. It is not."

"Usually in these things, people say that they can't live without their spouse. I disagree. I've lived without you before, and I can again. But it wouldn't be a life worth living. Before I met you, there was evidently a piece of me missing and I didn't know God was keeping it from me for this long but I'm glad he did because I was able to become a person that's worth loving."

"I've always dreamt of the perfect girl, in my dreams, she was a bit taller than you, but your height will do."

I laughed at his teasing as tears were running down my cheek like a leaky faucet.

"But, it wasn't the looks of the girl that was perfect to me, it was the qualities she held. Poise, loyal, generous, hardworking, and the list can go on until I pass out. You, Toni Michele, have all those qualities and more. You are my perfect, dream girl."

"People say that in alternate worlds, everything is different. They are wrong. In any universe, any world, any different reality, I'd choose you. I'd spend my days finding you just to repeat our story. All the good and all the bad, because it led us here."

"I'm gonna wrap this up now, wrap as in finish it. I'm not rapping even though you've begged me to a thousand and ten times." I chuckled seeing as I've never gotten him to rap for me ever. He refuses.

"I love you, beautiful lady. Unconditionally and forever. The biggest lie I'll ever tell you is: I love you more than I ever will. Only because I know tomorrow is coming and I'll love you even more. I can't wait for our tomorrow and our lives together. You've made me who I want to be, and for that I'm also forever grateful."

He wrapped the note up and placed it on my side of the table. I tried to wipe my tears but they were endless. I used my napkin and held it underneath my eyes to catch the fallen tears.

"Wow, I feel like a dickhead. I didn't write anything." I laughed amongst my tears.

"It's fine, babe." He laughed with me.

"I didn't write you anything but I can honestly say I am in love with you and I cannot imagine not being. I thank you too. Without you, I would've let fear consume me. I would've been where I was a year ago and I'm glad you physically, mentally, and emotionally helped me from that space. Thank you."

He held up his glass of champagne and I held up mine filled with water.

"To us." He said.

"To us."