41.

"Family, the best human being that resides here is back!" I heard Monroe yell from the front door.

I raced to the stair balcony. "Get up here, now."

"Hello to you, too, mother."

"Monroe." I growled.

"Fine, I'm coming. I'm coming."

I went back into my room and threw some more clothes into my suitcase. Apparently, Bryan needs a blood transfusion and they need someone to sign off on it. They put him in a coma until they get someone to sign off on it because he was acting "irrational".

B is obviously still smart and kept me to make all the legal decisions regarding his life.

We need to leave this house in the next hour.

"First off, you need to go take those dirty clothes out that bag and get new clothes for a week in Miami. Bryan isn't feeling too well so we need to head back." I stated as I zipped my suitcase.

"Tomorrow's the last day of school."

I rose my eyebrow to her, "The love of my life is literally on his deathbed and you think I'm concerned about school? Not to sound like a bad mother, bu–"

"Too late." She mumbled.

I sighed and sat down in front of her. "I'm sorry. While you were away, Auntie Tay set me straight and I have to fix things with Bryan. And I'll be damned if he dies." I was hoping she got that.

This isn't just about Bryan and I anymore. We are affecting the life of an unborn child and I still not let this child go through anything like my childhood.

"Okay." Roe said. "What else?"

"On the flight over, you owe me the two other things that you and Bryan discussed that night." I sternly said. There was no tricking her way out.

"Yes, ma'am." She smiled. "I'm glad you're working things out. You deserve love, Mom." She added before leaving to go pack.

My phone rang and the caller ID was showing Slim. I immediately answering knowing it was most likely an emergency.

"Hey, Slim. What's up?" I asked.

"T, it's bad." He said shyly.

I busted through the door of Bryan's room and saw him barely hanging on to his life. I ran up to him and cried. "Don't you dare leave me! You cannot leave me here alone! Especially with how pissed I am. I'm carrying your child!" I yelled crying.

I felt Slim pull me back and into his chest. "It's okay, he's gonna make it. You have sign those papers." He said.

I pushed him away from me before leaving the room storming past that kids. I went up to the doctors and asked what they needed.

"He needs a blood transfusion. He is an O- and can only take blood from another O-. Those are extremely rare and trust me, we are searching for o–"

"I'm a fucking O-. Give me the damn papers. Take all the blood you need and go in there and save my husband. If he dies, I will make you pay." I swore.

I was a mess. Mascara running, hair disheveled, eyes bloodshot red. There was no time to play with me. I meant business and business only.

"Right away, Mrs. Williams." She nervously said before handing me the papers.

After signing them without second thought, I followed a nurse back to where she started drawing the blood.

"Now Mrs. Williams, your husband needs quite a lot of blood especially due to his size. He's going to need 3 pints." She said as she finished filling the first bag.

I was started to feel woozy. She was still talking but everything was started to feel different. "Noww, you.. may... sstart.. to feeeel.. a littttlw.." I couldn't tell if her words were slurred or I was hearing it that way after losing all this blood.

"L-Lady. Just t... take the b-blood." I said.

She finished the second bag and I was losing it. My eyes wanted to drop out of my body, my limp body.

"Thank you... We'll be... filling you.. in on your husband." She said. I hadn't even noticed she finished the third pint and patched me up already.

After that, I fainted.