17.

After yesterday's reconnection with the girls, I decided to have a movie weekend. We've been in the house since yesterday morning and finished nearly every movie on Netflix.

"Mom, Jet ate all the popcorn again!" Monroe yelled from the theatre room. "I'll pop a fresh batch!"

As I waited around for the popcorn, my eyes landed on the roses again and again.

What do you do when you someone loves you but you don't feel that same way? I want to feel it, I do, but I can't think of the reasons why I love him... or why he even loves me.

I've never felt real love from a male so I couldn't understand the feeling of it.

"Mom!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and took the popcorn out the microwave. I walked back into the theatre room and sat on the couch with them as Jet took the bowl from me.

"Eat that whole bowl and I'll forcefully make you throw it up. And share."

She smiled with a mouthful of popcorn.

We were on our gazillionth bag of popcorn and our fifteen movie. This is quality time well needed.

I was so into the movie, I didn't hear my phone ring. I recognized the number and smiled a bit. "Excuse me, girls."

I went into the kitchen and picked up the phone. "Boris. How did you get my number?"

It's a little weird but the smile on my face was indescribable.

"I might have told your boss that you dropped your necklace and that I needed to personally return it to you.. Miss Toni Braxton."

I bit down on my lip and giggled a little. "Well, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Something about you captivated me and I'd really love the time to get to know you." He said.

I heard the doorbell ring, "Jet, baby, get the door please."

"Who's Jet?" Boris asked over the phone.

"One of my kids, I have two girls. Does that scare ya?"

"Not one bit. Makes me wanna get to know you. Sounds like that scares you, though. What is it? You got a man or something? If so, I don't wanna throw myself at a taken lady."

"No, no. I'm tot– totally single. It's just sometimes my kids scare men off. I'll definitely take your offer on the dinner date." I smiled and blushed.

"Mom..."

"One second, honey." I said putting my finger up to her with my back towards her.

Boris chuckled, "Okay, well, tonight?"

"Definitely–"

"Mommmmm."

I rolled my eyes and shushed her. "Sorry, Boris, kids. I'll see you tonight, text me the details."

"Get to see you and I get to kiss those lips again. What sound do they make again?" He flirted.

I kissed into the phone and said a final goodbye. I turned around and dropped my phone.

Jet threw her head into her hands, "Next time I call you, it's in your best interest to answer." She said and walked away.

"Bryan." I stuttered.

He heard the conversation and by the look on his face, he was the farthest from happy. And mad would be an understatement.

He sat the dozen roses on the table and started to walk out the house. I chased him down and stood in front of the front door. "I'm sorry." I panted.

"You've been saying that quite a lot lately." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Please, hear me out. It's n– Well, it is what it sounded like. But, I don't know. Please, let me talk."

He turned and went back to the living room and sat down. "Go."

I sat next to him and put my hair up. This is about to be a mess, a big mess. I can't explain it to make it sound any better than the shitty way it really it.

"I was frustrated and two days ago at work, I met some guy and he took my frustrations away. I'm not proud of flirting with him, but... I don't know something about him turned me on. We kissed and it wasn't like all the others that I play around with to get money, it was real and I like it. He was touchy and I was touchy and he gave me his number and asked me to dinner." I felt tears brewing and put my head down to hide it.

"You obviously just heard me say yes to him and flirt with him, but you don't know why this is like this."

He scoffed and fixed himself on the couch, "Really? Then tell me, Toni, why the hell you decided to go and flirt and kiss some man the day after I tell you I love you. You're my heart, right now, man. I love you and this shit hurts. Am I wasting my time with you?"

"No, you're not, I swear. I.. I just don't know why..."

"Why what?!" He shouted.

"Why you love me." I cried back.
———————————————————————————
special early update for somebody 😂😂she knows who she is🤪

thoughts?