12.

I followed behind Bryan as we got back in the car to head up to the club. We spent the entire afternoon ignoring each other. All I wanted was for us to have a good time and he was acting stupid asking all those damn questions.

"Imma introduce you to the gang. After that, we gonna party. Ight?" He said looking at me. I looked through the window and blew him off. Party?

"I want to go home, B. Take me home." I demanded. I heard him huff and put the car in start and drove out of his driveway. The ride was quiet and he really was taking me home. I felt like an ass but an ass with a point. I tell him what I want when I want. He shouldn't feel so comfortable to ask me personal questions.

"We here. I'll see you tomorrow for lunch or sum'?" He said as the car came to a stop. I gave him a bullshit smile before reaching for the door handle. I heard the door lock before I grabbed the handle.

"Seriously? What are we, sixteen? I'm not dumb and I can unlock it manually." I spat.

"Why are you like this?" He asked stopping me.

I turned and squinted at him. "Like what? Mad because you want to force me into answering a personal question? Yeah, I must be fucking insane."

I opened the car door and got out. As I was walking up to my door, I felt him pull my arm and make me face him. "Stop pulling me like that." I demanded. He pulled me again by waist and kissed me.

At first, I didn't kiss him but his lips do something to me, I couldn't not kiss back. I opened my eyes as I pulled back from the kiss and bit my lip.

"I wasn't tryna be in ya business, T. I was serious when I said I wanna know you. I wanna know why you were so hesitant with me in the car earlier and why my little ass question pissed you off. That's the you I want to know, so I don't fuck up again."

He looked so sincere. It made me feel like a complete ass. I gave him attitude for no reason and probably messed up his birthday.

I pulled him to the swing bench on my front porch and sat beside him. He pretended to yawn and wrapped his arm around me making me laugh. "Smooth, loser." I laughed as I settled myself on him.

"When I was younger, my father was a mean, nasty man. You know that, but I never told you how he got my mom to have three kids with him. He seduced her and she fell for all his moves and generosity. The way you treat me is how she said he treated her at first. I like you but I don't want us to move fast. I don't want you to introduce to your friends as your girlfriend because that title is so forceful. I'll feel like I'm owned by you and that I have obligations. I don't want that. I just want.. you... and me."

He looked up at the stars as I rambled some more. I couldn't tell if he was hearing me or just letting it in one ear and out the other but I continued. When I finished, he proved he was listening.

"I understand. We don't need a stupid title. Just you and me. And I swear I won't be all nosey. When you feel like sharing, I'm ya guy." He said. He looked down at me and smiled, showing off his grill. The moonlight makes him look extra yummy. I lightly pushed his face away and started laughing.

I got up before grabbing his hand. "Let's go to the club." I bit my lip and winked at him. He gave me a surprised look. "Now you wanna go to the club? Thought you were mad and didn't like the club?" He asked as he stood up. He leaned in and attacked my neck with hickeys and nibbling.

He questioned me again, "Mh?" as he continued to suck on my neck. I felt my knees getting weak and pushed him off. "I want to go because it's your birthday, I can deal with it." I assured him before straightening my shirt and heading to the car.

"God, she's beautiful." He mumbled thinking I didn't hear him. A grin grew on my face as I continued to walk to the car.
———————————————————————————
Thoughts?

♥️