The Right Words

I wish I could say the words I love you to you as freely as I think them.

It's just that I've given them to people before who have abused it.

Or people that I've loved have disappeared.

I truly believe that when someone says I love you, that the heavens open and bestow upon you a glass heart with all your love and you can give that willingly to another.

But when it's redacted and you have to give it back, it isn't fixed or repaired.

The next time you use those words it's given to you in the same manner that you gave it back in.

Yet it still loves the same.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that, it's not that hard to love someone.

It's not that hard to fall in love.

It doesn't- shouldn't take years.

If it does, then you're doing something wrong.

It should feel natural and slip off the tongue easy.

It should not be hard to understand.

Love is blanant and in your face and kind and bright.

It doesn't hide and it isn't hard to find.

The only way you would not be able to witness its beauty is if you yourself were blind.

It is both passion and butterflies and electric but it is also home and cozy and somber.

I sound like a fortune cookie, I know, but I ramble when I'm emotional.

And emotional isn't something I experience often.

I guess what I'm trying to say is-

I love you.

I do, so much and with all of my being.

I just haven't found the right words yet.