Waterfall of Salvation

Chapter Twenty-seven

Pic of Rolland

Zack's POV

Elena had drifted off to sleep after hours of our love making. I was still love high from it an the blood I had drank from her. Elena's blood tasted different an better than I've ever tasted. It was an addicting sweet nectar.

I brushed my fingers through her hair, watching her chest rise an fall. Her beautiful body laid against my mine. The warmth radiating off her skin. I remember the first time I seen her.

Flashback***

My father had heard about a pack getting attacked by rogues and dark witches. He had sent me with two of my most trusted soldiers, Darren and Rolland.

"Darren, go left around the border an kill as many rogues an witches as you can."

He nodded.

"Rolland, go straight into the pack and do the same. We must try to save as many innocents as we can."

"Yes Prince Zachery." He bowed then took off.

I took the left border killing several rogues and witches. Then I saw the main dark witch, the leader of her clan, I chased after her. I felt a pull towards something in front of the witch.

She chased two small children, not seeing any adults with them. The small boy tried snatching the little girl from the witch. The witch pushed him into a tree. His body went limb as he fell unconscious. The little girl whimpered an kicked, hit, and scratched at the witch.

The girl looked around desperately an saw me, a small smile fell onto her lips. I didn't move, I was memorized by the girl. She grabbed the witches forearm an bit down. The witch screamed in furry. The little girls eyes locked with mine the whole time.

The girl jumped onto the witch, sinking her teeth into her neck. She wrapped her arms around the witch. Somehow the girl was to strong for the witch, she couldn't break the girls hold.

She screamed an screamed until her screams were silent. The witches body fell to the ground, no movement came from her. The little girl stared down at the dark witch blood falling from teeth.

Licking her lips, she kneeled down beside the witch and moved the hair from her face. I took several long strides closer. Looking down over the little girls shoulder.

"Do not worry

For you are fine

The light will guide you

Leading your soul

You might be darkness

But now you can be light

Open your heart

An accept your fate

The moon shines down on you

So breathe in the night wind

Let it fill your soul

Open your eyes

Look at the stars

Your body was thy sacrifice

And I thank you

So go, fly

Meet thy Goddess of Night" The little girls voice was low. She leaned down an kissed the witches forehead.

She looked up at me with innocent hazel eyes, a small smile playing upon her lips, "Angel of Life."

"Where is your parents?" I kneeled down next to her.