{25}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

NUMBER 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE
DECEMBER, 2015

    Christmas at the Potter's was light and fun. It was interesting to see a new family dynamic. The family always doing something. From cooking, to playing games, to annoying each other. Everything was out in the open, nothing was really hidden. Nobody felt the need to hide things from each other. They were all open and vulnerable.

    Emery remembered when she first got to the home. Everyone began taking off their shoes and Emery was about to do the same before a weird feeling passed through her. She wanted to run from the feeling, so she kept her shoes on. Later, Teddy asked her about it.

    "If you don't mind, may I ask why you didn't want to take off your shoes?" Emery bit on her nail and felt like an idiot.

    "It's stupid. It felt oddly vulnerable to take off my shoes." Teddy raised an eyebrow at her before a teasing smile passed over his face.

    "I think you mean domestic."

    She didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. She hated feeling vulnerable, but she loved not having to hide things. It was a random afternoon when Emery was around some of the Potters. The kids -- besides Teddy -- were over at Ron and Hermione's for a little bit when Emery decided she wanted to practice her powers.

    "Harry," Emery let out a light laugh. "The Marauders and Lily are here. Well, minus Peter." Emery said that last bit a tad quieter but still loved the look of awe go across Harry's face.

    "Can I talk to them?" Emery nodded and looked to them, only they weren't very happy. Sirius in particular was really salty.

    "You named your son after Snivoullous!?" Emery bursted out laughing causing the other three to stare at her in confusion.

    "Sorry, sorry. It's just, Sirius said 'You named your son after Snivoullous!' and I died." She saw Teddy lips twitched into an amused smile. "They are wondering why you didn't name your son after even Remus." This time, Teddy and Emery looked to each other and both smiled.

    "I already had a son named after Remus." Harry looked towards Teddy with a smile. Emery smiled when she saw Lily giving Remus a hug with tears in her eyes. Emery looked towards Teddy again before her attention was pulled by Sirius.

    "When did these two get together?" Emery felt her face burn scarlet and opened her mouth before shutting it again. She didn't want anyone else to know what Sirius said, so she had to refrain herself from correcting him. Emery felt her face heating up even more when James joined in.

    "I told you it would happen before the New Year. It's the love child of Remus and Tonks, almost as perfect of a combination as Lily and I."

    "Wait, what's going on?" Teddy started to question Emery, who stood there opening and closing her mouth like a fish.

    "Nothing, nothing's going on." She made the last part pointed at the four. Sirius rolled his eyes muttered out something like 'sure' before smiling at her. Emery cleared her throat before grabbing her shoes and shoving her feet in them. "I'm going to go visit Olivia, give her her Christmas present. I'll be back before dinner. Umm... thanks?" When she looked to Teddy she the pink returned to her cheeks and she quickly looked away before putting her coat on.

    "Do you just want to floo there?" Ginny asked with a smile, looking between the two teens.

    "No thanks, I'll be alright. I have some money with me and I don't think it's too far. I can just walk or grab a taxi." Emery didn't wait much longer before almost running out of the house with the Marauders and Lily laughing behind her.

    Emery clutched her head for a moment before focusing and calling for a taxi. She wasn't sure if she would be able to pull all four of them away from where they had died, it was normally hard to be able to see one away from where they had died but all four of them gave her a massive headache. She was stronger than before. Before, if she tried to do that she would've gotten a bloody nose or might've even passed out. Even though her head hated her, she felt even stronger and a wave of pride washed over her. 

    It was almost relaxing for her to travel to Olivia's house the muggle way. When getting there, Olivia came out and hugged her.

    "I don't have a physical present, but I think this was long overdue. I have gotten stronger with my powers, and you know how before I could only see supernatural creatures? I can see muggles now if I try." Emery closed her eyes in concentration before opening them again and seeing almost two Olivia's there. "Your mum says she loves you, she forgives you, and she's so so proud of her." Olivia had tears in her eyes and Emery matched her.

    "I miss you so much, and I love you." Olivia's mum came closer to her and put her hand on Olivia's cheek. Olivia gasped like she could feel it.

    "I miss you too sweetheart. May we meet again." Then Olivia's mum stepped away and let herself disappear. Emery pulled Olivia into a hug quickly, using the sleeve of her jumper underneath her coat to wipe away the blood under her nose.

    "Thank you, thank you Em."

    "It's okay Liv, it was worth it."

    "Well now my present is going to suck next to yours."

So my friend was over and stayed the night last night so I wasn't able to write this chapter and publish it yesterday but here it is! I really like this one because it helps along things, like Olivia forgiving herself, and showing how much stronger Emery had become. 

Thanks

-April