BONUS CHAPTER: 13 Years Later

The 13 years later takes place after the Epilogue. So in total, it would be 18 years since we were at Hogwarts with them.

*****

Nathan King was use to the loneliness again. He watched as Natalie grew up, talking to him, reading the letters that Alexander wrote her and smiling at the thought of his old friend. He was alive, and that's all he ever wanted.

    He watched as Natalie left Hogwarts, watched as more kids came. He remembered the moment he saw little fiery Ashe Roberts-Hallisay, the sure daughter of Brett Hallisay. She was another person to watch over.

She was sorted into Slytherin. The little girl who had bright eyes and freckles spread across her nose and cheeks. She became quick friends with everyone she met. She was kind and funny, but also scary when she became mad. Ashe was protective of the few she truly cared about, her love for them unlike anything Nathan had ever seen before.

He watched as she started to date, watched her first heartbreak, watched her make the quidditch team, watched when she aced exams, watched as she had her first kiss, watched as she got drunk for the first time, watched when her friends kept her from ever drinking again because alcoholism was a gene passed down, he ran away as fast as he could the first time Ashe did the do.

But all he could do was watch as Ashe grew up.

It wasn't until she was in her seventh year that someone else, so so familiar came to Hogwarts.

    He was a little boy that looked exactly like Teddy in every way except for his hair. It was a normal color -- unlike the colors Teddy normally made his hair. A brown that left Nathan doing a double take.

Nathan wasn't there for the Sorting Ceremony, but it was fairly easy to guess what house he was in. He was practically covered in red.

"It's official, I've gone fucking insane." Nathan swore ( well, he always swore ) that he saw the kid smirk, or even the edges of his lips turned up. He was reading alone in the library, and Nathan knew for a fact that Quidditch Through The Ages was not that amusing. "You can hear me, can't you you little shit." The kid smiled again, this time larger, and his eyes went over to Nathan. "Fuck, I probably shouldn't cuss. What's your name?"

"Nathan, most people call me Nate." His voice was small, his eyes going over the library to make sure no one else was listening.

"What's your last name?" Nathan asked carefully. Nate tilted his head at him, before his eyes brightened and he smiled again. "I'm not swearing in front of a eleven year old... again."

"My name is Nathan John Grey-Lupin. Also, I'm almost twelve." Nathan's face goes pale as he stares at this fusion of people.

    "Holy shit. You're Emery's kid? That's why you can see me, and talk with me, and all of that. Oh my Merlin! That means--!" Nathan cuts his sentence off and stared at the now confused child. "Do you have more siblings?"

    "Yeah, four other ones. I'm the oldest, then Roman, Aurora, then Hunter, then baby Autumn.  Well, she's three but to me she's a baby. I'm the only one directly named after a person. Mum says it's because only a few would know. She thought you would find it kinda funny. The other ones are named after some people, but only their middle names. Like Hunter's middle name is Iain, after mum's brother. Roman and Aurora are gonna be at Hogwarts in two years."

"Wow, Emery and Teddy are... I guess they're all grown up. Fuck." Nathan felt his eyes watering and he tried to rub the tears away but some escaped. "Holy shit. So much has happened. I've been dead for... about thirty five years."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, kid, just hard to believe."

Nate looked to be lost at words. This was one of the people he heard so much about. This was who he was named after. "Mum says she misses you. She was never really able to talk to spirits again. Sometimes she can see them, but she can't hear them. I know it makes her sad." Nathan nods and ruffles a hand through Nate's hair.

"Tell her I said hi and that I miss her, can you do that for me kid?" Nate nods, causing Nathan to smile. "Also tell her that I am shocked, she'll get it."

"Okay, if you say so." Maybe he can do more than just watch.

Low-key want to write about their children now.

Update: high-key want to write about their children