{10}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
OCTOBER, 2015

"I hate this!" Followed by a book being thrown across the room was what woke Emery up in the morning.

"Well aren't you chipper..." Emery grumbled into her pillow before curling up into herself. Mumbles of other words faintly traveled but everyone ignored them. Without Nathan around as often, there was no one that swore as much as him around her. Nathan swore enough for the both of them but without him Emery found herself spouting a few every now and then. "What book did you just throw?"

"Potions. None of it makes any sense! Even if you go by the book, none of the potions work! How do you do it?" Olivia sat at the foot of Emery's bed, her eyes closing and her voice going softer.

"My brother used to love potions, he would experiment with them at home. He made notes in the book that I have. He changed the way some of them were made... he was smart. I just use his notes and sometimes add my own in. He did it with all his potions book." The two were silent, nothing needed to be said. It was merely the presence of the other that kept them sane, kept them grounded. Emery needed that sometimes, she could get angry easily but knew how to reel it in, but she didn't know how to do that with any other emotion. Olivia was the opposite, she didn't know what to do with anger. It was something she couldn't control; that's why Emery was there.

"Want to go get some breakfast before Transfiguration?" Emery hums before pulling herself out of bed.

"Sure, I just need to get ready. I'll meet you in the Great Hall."

It was easy to find everything she needed. Her uniform was sitting out on Olivia's bed like it often was in the morning since Olivia couldn't find anything else to do in the morning. Her books were always set in order in her trunk of what she would need for the day. Her homework and papers packed inside the pages where they were just reading from. Her bag sat on top of her trunk waiting to be filled. Taking one look in the mirror, and Emery pulled her hair into a ponytail. I should cut my hair.

She was quick to run down to the Great Hall in an effort to not make Olivia wait too long. Apparently that was too much of a problem since she was talking with Conner and Teddy at the Ravenclaw table. "Hey stranger, haven't seen you in awhile." Emery addressed Conner before nodding to Teddy.

Emery sat next to Teddy -- the seat next to Olivia being taken by Conner -- and put a bit of food onto her plate. Some toast with jam spread across it and eggs next to a few pieces of fruit. Her nose scrunched together seeing Conner and Olivia doing cute couple stuff, sending each other heart eyes.

"So what class do you have this morning?" She didn't turn to Teddy, instead her eyes found Remus and Tonks sitting next to Olivia.

"Herbology. I think Neville -- er -- Professor Longbottom is tired of me cutting my essays a few inches short. What more can you say about Venomous Tentacula?" Emery smiles, shrugging her shoulders.