{26}

( BRETT )

( BRETT )

HOGWARTS
JANUARY, 2016

Brett enjoyed Christmas at Hogwarts. His family was traveling the world so Brett preferred staying at Hogwarts instead of staying in hotel after hotel trying to make it back before he missed the train to Hogwarts. He enjoyed the holiday with his friends, even if all of them weren't there.

When everyone came back, however, it was great. Everything felt right and whole again. It was that day during dinner that Ashley and Maverick kissed in the middle of the Great Hall in front of everyone. He caught Teddy's eye, smirked, and mouthed "I win." before going into a full blown smile. He saw Teddy's head fall into his arms on the table. Everyone in the Great Hall cheered and whistled for the two.

"That's very nice, and we are very happy for the two of you, but please sit down." Brett could see Ashley laughing and Maverick's smile from where he was sitting from McGonagall's words. Even though her voice sounded strict, Brett could see the smile on her face. Brett whistled one last time before continuing to eat his dinner.

When dessert came out, Brett whistled for the attention of the room. Brett stood on top of the table with a smile on his face. "I'm sorry to disturb dinner for all of you, but Mr. Teddy Lupin has a very important thing to do. If he may, please stand on top of the table." Teddy wiped a hand over his face before dragging himself up. "Thanks to the metamorphmagus side of Teddy, he is able to do this now. Teddy, you may take the floor." Brett sat back down with a smug smile covering his face.

Teddy sighed before closing his eyes for a second of concentration. Brett was able to see before his eyes as Teddy's left arm turned into a spout of a teapot and his right arm a handle. The top of Teddy's head turned into the lid of a teapot.

"That's the most I'm doing." He looked straight to Brett, who held a thumbs up to him. "Here we go. I'm a little teapot short and stouts. Here is my handle here is my spout. When I get all steamed up I just shout. Tip me over and pour me out." By that point, everyone began laughing and cheering. Brett whistled and clapped. Teddy took a bow, turning back to normal before taking a seat.

"Now that we have gotten our entertainment for the night, I believe it is time to go to bed. Thank you to all of our entertainers." McGonagall sent the four a teasing smile before everyone started off to bed.

Teddy and Brett walked side by side for a few minutes, both on the verge of exploding with laughter. "I'm so grateful that you helped me make a fool of myself."

"Happy to be of help, but I'm sure you could've done it just fine on your own." Brett sent Teddy a wink before going on the way to the Gryffindor common room.

" Brett sent Teddy a wink before going on the way to the Gryffindor common room

( OLIVIA )

HOGWARTS
JANUARY, 2016

    Olivia couldn't sleep that night. She wasn't scared of having nightmares, she just wasn't tired. She didn't want to disturb anyone, so she just laid there staring at the ceiling. Eventually, she heard a noise next to her bed.

    "Can't sleep. Wanna go down to the kitchens?" Turning her head, she saw Emery's wicked grin and she couldn't make herself say no even if she wanted to. Swinging herself out of bed, Olivia follows Emery out of the Ravenclaw dorms, and into the corridors. Thanks to the help of someone or something, they were able to get to the kitchens without being caught.

    Most of the house elves were off cleaning but a few were still there and gave them a cup of tea and one cup of hot chocolate. 

    Olivia didn't know why Emery asked for a midnight hang out, but the cup of tea was nice and tasted like mint so she wasn't complaining too much. Emery looked peaceful, content, maybe even a little bit happy. Her face seemed brighter than normal, even her words were lighter than normal.

    "Why are you so happy?"

    "What? Am I not allowed to be happy?" Emery still had a light look on her face and even a smile on the corner of her lips.

    "Not without a reason."

    "It's a new year full of new opportunities. Are you happy? Like, actually happy?"

    Olivia hesitated, thinking everything over. "I'm trying to be, I think that's what counts. I know that you haven't really talked about your brother much before, why is that?"

    She could tell Emery was thinking over the question, flipping it around and examining it. "I guess... I was just never over it. It always felt like an open wound that I didn't want to press salt into. He was my brother and he was my best friend, I didn't want to talk like he wasn't there, even though he wasn't. It was too hard and I hated living without him."

    "Would you be okay with talking about him now."

    "Yeah, I think so, because he's going to be here again. It might be good if a few people know him and the things he's done." Olivia didn't want to say anything that might make Emery go off, so she just nodded. Olivia felt like she was caring for a kid, being careful about what she says or does around her. Either way, she knew that she needed to know the story of Iain Grey, the whole story, and Emery was the best one to tell it.