{04}

( EMERY )

( EMERY )

HOGWARTS
SEPTEMBER, 2015

Of course Emery knew who Teddy Lupin was. Everybody in the UK wizarding world knew who Teddy Lupin was. Just like how everyone knew who Harry Potter, Ginny Potter, James Sirius Potter, Albus Severus Potter, Lily Luna Potter, Hermione Granger-Weasley, and Ron Weasley ( and that's leaving a few out ). How could you not know who those people are?

Emery knew the basics of Teddy Lupin. Son of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. He was a metamorphmagus, just like Tonks ( or made it very known to her that she hates being called Nymphadora ). He made it known to everyone in the school, pretending to sometimes be people, pull a few pranks, and she's even heard of Teddy Lupin transforming into someone to see if they would look good with a certain haircut ( but those might just be rumors ). She knew he was smart, clumsy but still a good chaser on the Hufflepuff quidditch team, and he was practically an older brother to the three youngest Potters.

"I promise, I'm not insane, there's a reason why I was talking, it's just a long story that I don't have time to..." she glances back to Remus and Tonks, both smiling wide at Teddy. "Explain because I have to get to Potions. Bye." Emery sprints passed Teddy and back into the main corridor, not stopping until she's in the Potions classroom, by which point she was sweaty and panting.

Her lungs hated her, her legs ached. I need to workout more. Professor Slughorn looked up at her in surprise but smiled at her nonetheless. Emery gives a small smile and waves, before sitting down on the ground. "Just... give me... a moment." At which point she laid down.

Normally it wouldn't be so hard to run that much with how many stairs she has to constantly go up and down, but after doing nothing all summer, she was currently dead.

It wasn't surprising that Olivia was the second one in the room, her desire to be early to class always winning out over taking her time or doing something more fun before class.

"Why are you laying on the ground?" Olivia asks hesitantly, putting her back down by their normal potions station from all the years before. "And why are you all sweaty?"

"Ran here... from the one corridor... you know... that one."

"... Why? You hate running. By the way, if you get like that after a little exercise then I'm making you stay at practice till midnight, I will not allow slackers on my team." Emery rolls her eyes, pushing herself up into a sitting position but refusing to actually stand up.

"Teddy Lupin saw me talking to spirits, of course he didn't see them, so it made it seem like I was going insane. It was horribly awkward and I didn't know what to do or say, so I ran."

"Wow, you are a mess." Olivia pulls Emery up, taking Emery's bag from her and putting it next to her own.

"We know that already!" Emery leans against their regular table as students started to file into the room. "Just, nobody ever caught me talking to spirits." Emery dropped her voice to a whisper as students crowded in the room. "Now one of the most popular people in the wizarding world? Do you realize how fast the word will get out about me? They'll put me in St. Mungos before Christmas."