{17}

( ASHLEY )

( ASHLEY )

HOGWARTS
NOVEMBER, 2015

Ashley could handle a lot of things. Always being second best in her family, even compared to a dead person? Sure. Being the second choice all the time? Nothing wrong with that. Being the happy person that is there to cheer people up? That's her job. But actually talking with Maverick about them two? She has never wanted to 'nope' out of a situation so much before.

Sure, when she first knew Maverick she thought he was smart and cute, but they argue so much she never considered that he even liked her as a friend. Even looking at Maverick has her cheeks burning. Now she couldn't stop thinking about it. Going over every moment that the two have ever had in her head. When Brett dragged the two to the prefects bathroom and shoved them in there, Ashley didn't know if she was grateful or hated his guts.

"So... hey." Ashley tried to attempt a normal conversation, but a normal conversation between them is usually either arguing or anything but this.

"Just pretend that you never heard Emery say anything, it's as simple as that." Maverick turns to leave but Ashley quickly yells out.

"What if I don't want to pretend!" Maverick stands still and Ashley swallows the lump in her throat. "What if I want to see where this could go?" Maverick looks back towards her and Ashley pulls herself together and says what she wanted to for awhile now. "What if I want to go out on a date with you?" She turns Maverick around and steps close to him. "What if I want to kiss you?"

"I wouldn't stop you." So she kissed him.

( TEDDY )

( TEDDY )

HOGWARTS
NOVEMBER, 2015

Teddy was a person true to his word. He was a person that wanted to help people, especially his friends. Teddy didn't know much about alcoholics, but he sent a letter to Hermione about things he should do. First thing, alcohol detox. Teddy could see how many times Brett just wanted a drink. His fingers would twitch and his smile always looked a little tighter, but Teddy wouldn't let him have a drink.

"Why do you drink?"

"It's the easiest way to numb everything. When everything just goes too fast for me to catch up, a bottle of fire whiskey makes everything slow down, or even helps me go faster. I don't know how to explain it better than that. I don't have any deep dark secrets, no childhood trauma, it just makes me feel better." Brett turns to Teddy, sliding his books away from him. "You know you can't do this for me, that I have to do it myself."

"I know, trust me, I know. I wish I could, but all I can do is stand next to you. If you have problems, just come to me. Maybe it'll make both of us feel better." A few minutes pass between them before Teddy sees the wicked grin on Brett's face. "What?"

"I'm just thinking back to early today." The grin on Brett's face got even wider.

"What did you do?"

"I shoved Ashley and Maverick into the prefects bathroom together. I heard them kissing too." Teddy starts laughing, Brett soon joining them. "I knew for a while that they liked each other, someone had to do something."

"Does that mean that they're dating now?"

"No idea, I would think so, but then again it's Maverick and Ashley." Teddy starts laughing louder, his whole body shaking. It was painfully obvious that they two liked each other, he just didn't think this would be how they get together.

"I bet you that they'll be dating by the end of the week."

"Okay, I'm gonna say it doesn't happen till 2016 because they are idiots who overthink everything. What happens to the loser?"

Teddy takes a second to think before his face lights up. "Loser has to sing 'I'm a little teacup' with a costume in the Great Hall."

"Sounds like a deal,"